Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 09-12-2011, 03:36 PM

Default firmware update error 1167

Hey guys...

so I have an HD Native and HD OMNI Interface. When trying to launch Pro Tools 9.0, i get a dialog that asks me to install a firmware update on the HD Native, and right about halfway through the update i get an error message that reads "An unexpected error ocurred while transmitting a firmware image. Error found while verifying the write was done correctly. (-1167)"

There are a few other threads on the issue:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=306473

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...hd+native+1167

No one in tech support can help me, and Digitest isn't a help either. The solutions described in the aforementioned posts involve performing the update on a separate hdd with a Mac OS (which doesn't make sense to me because that shouldn't matter..?).

Is there anything I can do before sending my card to avid for diagnostic/repairs? Has anyone got a success story that doesnt involve a separate hdd with a different os on it?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:54 PM

Default Re: firmware update error 1167

yeah really would love an answer on this. Tried a different pci slot, tried it about 20 times still cant run pro tools, still cant update firmware on native card.
Did you get an answer to this? anyone?

Cant even understand how im supposed to get in touch with avid for help here. Got a link to this page:
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=419331

which says
"Contact Avid Audio Technical Support on the repair line:
http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact"

That link doesnt show a 'repair line' just a whole bunch of crap about purchase support codes?

Windows 64bit 16gig Ram,
Pro Tools HD Native
Pro Tools 9.05
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
Pro Tools HD Native 9.0.5
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
-----------------------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro
2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q
003 Rack
Mbox2 mini
Old 10-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Avid

Quote:
That link doesnt show a 'repair line' just a whole bunch of crap about purchase support codes?
Call the Tech Support number (in the U.S. it's 650.731.6100) and choose option '3' for repairs.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:00 PM

Thanks for the instructions, i did call the number pressed 3 then 1 and finally got an avid representative. Its very confusing though as a lot of the prompts arent really specific to the problem. I just needed tech support, didnt think i had to send it away for repair, its been working fine on PT9 before the update?

So to anyone else thats still having the problem the solution is still to put it in a mac running PT 9.0.2 or above and run the firmware update, however there are still problems with the firmware update on macs, apparently only OS 10.6.2 - 10.6.7 are updating without errors.

For me ill be uninstalling pro tools 9.0.5 and reinstalling PT9 from the disks. Its only version 9.0.2 and above that HAS to update the native firmware.
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
MacBook Pro
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q
003 Rack
Mbox2 mini
Old 10-21-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfefc View Post
Thanks for the instructions, i did call the number pressed 3 then 1 and finally got an avid representative. Its very confusing though as a lot of the prompts arent really specific to the problem. I just needed tech support, didnt think i had to send it away for repair, its been working fine on PT9 before the update?
If you have your support code, which would have came with your unit when you purchased it, you can press 1, then enter your support code and you can talk to techsupport after waiting on hold for an unnecessary amount of time. The first time I called, I didn't know my code so I dialed 3 and asked them and they told me my code. If you don't have one, I believe you can buy one.

Quote:
So to anyone else thats still having the problem the solution is still to put it in a mac running PT 9.0.2 or above and run the firmware update, however there are still problems with the firmware update on macs, apparently only OS 10.6.2 - 10.6.7 are updating without errors.
I got my firmware updated by doing this... my friend had snow leopard 10.6.2 and after 2 attempts, the update went through. Now I am getting a conflicting clock source error...
Old 10-23-2011, 12:24 AM

eek! clock source error not good.

I uninstalled pt 9.0.5 and reinstalled 9.0.0 (including plugins, drivers etc, etc). However, everytime i run pt it still pops up to update native card, which obviously fails, and i cant get around it! I JUST WANT TO OPEN A FRIGGIN SESSION!! Ive got tracks i need to send off ASAP. Its ridiculous.
Anyway to prevent the firmware message from popping up??? Ive trashed databases and prefs as well?
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
MacBook Pro
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q
003 Rack
Mbox2 mini
Old 10-23-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
eek! clock source error not good.

I uninstalled pt 9.0.5 and reinstalled 9.0.0 (including plugins, drivers etc, etc). However, everytime i run pt it still pops up to update native card, which obviously fails, and i cant get around it! I JUST WANT TO OPEN A FRIGGIN SESSION!! Ive got tracks i need to send off ASAP. Its ridiculous.
Anyway to prevent the firmware message from popping up??? Ive trashed databases and prefs as well?
I just went through this nightmare. Techsupport offers 3 solutions, all of which are a royal pain in the ass.
1.) try going through with the update over and over. they say sometimes it eventually will go through without crashing. This didn't work for me and I did it 50 times.
2.)find someone with a Mac Pro and go through the install process on their computer. This is what I did to fix this problem.
3.) If all else fails, Avid said that I can send them the card and they can update the firmware for me. Of course, they won't cover the shipping.

I've also read some success stories on the DUC about putting a bootable image of Mac OS on a harddrive and going through the install that way, but I personally have no experience with that solution.