Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Wavelabs Wavelabs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: On The Moon
Posts: 267
Default Re: Really upset with maudio/avid company

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Is this 410 registered? Is it still within warranty?
I was informed in the music store, that because I did not pay the $54 dollars for the extended warranty, the unit does not fall under the warranty timeframe.
Even my girlfriend tried and they treated her like crap in the store.

I do not want another m-audio device in my house ever again,
and I stand very firm on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We want to help, but I've looked up your info using your DUC profile email and can't find any registration, call or repair records related to any products you're discussing in this thread.

If you can give us the necessary info, we are more than happy to take care of you.
I appreciate it very much, but I don't think I have registered the device.
yes I know shame on me. I already know that.
But since 3 devices have now broken on me, I do not want another m-audio
in my studio ever again.
not even if m-audio paid me for it.
I am sorry, but I have reached my end with m-audio.
and I stand very firm on that.

I am also very angry because I lost one of my biggest deals
with a record company, and now m-audio tainted my reputation because this.
and the person who recommended me to the remix is now very angry with me.

currently the 410 is in the garbage.



.
__________________
AMD Phenom II X4 940 w/ CoolerMaster V8 Cooler - GigaByte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P - ATI Radeon 6850x2 (x2) - Win7 x64-bit - AMS Venus-T5 with 1-TB x5 Drives
Kingston Hyper-X DDR3-1066 2gig x4 (8gig Ram) - WD SATA VelociRaptor 300 (x4) - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Groove Tubes GT-66 & 55 Microphones - BBE 422-A - Aphex 104 C2
Vantec MRK250ST w/ Win7 x64-bit (HotSwaped for ProTools v8.0.4 Unit) - Acer v223w (x2) LCD Screens - Events 20/20 - Avantones - Mackie HR824 - AKG P220 - HS50m's
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
DigiTechSupt's Avatar
DigiTechSupt DigiTechSupt is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 33,549
Default Re: Really upset with maudio/avid company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelabs View Post
I was informed in the music store, that because I did not pay the $54 dollars for the extended warranty, the unit does not fall under the warranty timeframe.
Even my girlfriend tried and they treated her like crap in the store.

I do not want another m-audio device in my house ever again,
and I stand very firm on that.
I don't quite understand - we're not the store, meaning we don't operate or control what a store may do. I want to clarify that, as it seems you're blaming Avid/Digidesign for a situation that we were not involved in and had no control over.

As for the 'extended warranty' - we only sell those directly and they're only for support, not service. Any extended warranty they offered would be outside any warranty included with the product. If you were within the warranty time period that is included with the product, we absolutely will take care of you.

When was the product purchased and when did it fail? If you still have the original receipt or warranty card, we can get you registered and take care of anything that may be eligible for warranty service.

I also want to be absolutely clear on something - you say you were denied warranty service during a phone call to M-Audio. Is it possible you were calling the dealer and not M-Audio directly? I can't imagine someone from M-Audio denying a claim for a piece of gear that was in warranty and, as I said previously, we would have call records to refer to in cases like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelabs View Post
I appreciate it very much, but I don't think I have registered the device.
yes I know shame on me. I already know that.
But since 3 devices have now broken on me, I do not want another m-audio
in my studio ever again.
not even if m-audio paid me for it.
I am sorry, but I have reached my end with m-audio.
and I stand very firm on that.

I am also very angry because I lost one of my biggest deals
with a record company, and now m-audio tainted my reputation because this.
and the person who recommended me to the remix is now very angry with me.

currently the 410 is in the garbage.
.

I'm very sorry to hear that. If there's something we can do to change your mind, please don't hesitate to let us know.
__________________
Avid Audio Tech Support
Help us help you - read this before posting
Support FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:44 AM
Wavelabs Wavelabs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: On The Moon
Posts: 267
Default Re: Really upset with maudio/avid company

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that. If there's something we can do to change your mind, please don't hesitate to let us know.
I will take you up on that offer,
a 192 unit with a HD1 card and HD software would be nice.


.
__________________
AMD Phenom II X4 940 w/ CoolerMaster V8 Cooler - GigaByte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P - ATI Radeon 6850x2 (x2) - Win7 x64-bit - AMS Venus-T5 with 1-TB x5 Drives
Kingston Hyper-X DDR3-1066 2gig x4 (8gig Ram) - WD SATA VelociRaptor 300 (x4) - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Groove Tubes GT-66 & 55 Microphones - BBE 422-A - Aphex 104 C2
Vantec MRK250ST w/ Win7 x64-bit (HotSwaped for ProTools v8.0.4 Unit) - Acer v223w (x2) LCD Screens - Events 20/20 - Avantones - Mackie HR824 - AKG P220 - HS50m's
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New PT10 User. MBox3, MAudio Fast Track Ultra, MAudio Fast Track 8R? epu Pro Tools 10 3 06-13-2012 03:55 PM
Avid PLEASE HELP! Static noise when recording is engaged digi 003 and MAudio Octane Sergio Mendoza 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 5 06-13-2012 10:42 AM
A VERY HIGH Suggestion for Digidesign/Avid Company Wavelabs Virtual Instruments 38 02-14-2010 11:56 AM
Really, Really upset! Bobbers 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 23 05-08-2006 06:57 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com