Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2008, 11:55 AM

Default altiverb surround problems

running 7.3.1 with latest altiverb update on intel dual 2.66 hd2 accel pcie

first I had source audio in the rears (non reverberated, while reverberated in fronts). Apparently update was supposed to take care of that.

now during a reprint of my ltrt stem, altiverb started to delay itself in the rears by 3 seconds!!

Anyone else experience this? I am running a RTAS instance of it, as I am gunshy to go back to tdm with the earlier problem.

I love this plugin, but am starting to get nervous.

thanks,

doug
Old 04-24-2008, 12:06 PM

Default Re: altiverb surround problems

I had problems Altiverb not sending anything to rear channels in 5.0 configuration. I e-mailed them, and they sent me a fix in a day. Great customer service, I must say. Don't know if this help to your problem, I am using TDM version only. But I suggest you to contact them directly.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:27 PM

Default Re: altiverb surround problems

Great sounding reverb, but poorly designed for Pro Tools. Never has worked right for me in conjunction with D-Command automation. Buggy to say the least. It can sometimes emit an ultra high frequency that can actually destroy your speakers (lost 3 JBL's to Altiverb 6, so be careful.

Too bad because it's the best convolution reverb out there by far...

Sounds amazing if you can put up with it's flaky behavior in Pro Tools.

Mike