Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2015, 10:02 AM

Default Update firmware, MC Mix won't power off

I've recently updated my mix to the latest firmware. Now it will not power off unless i unplug it. Any experience? any help? This happened immediately after i upgraded the firmware to the latest version.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Update firmware, MC Mix won't power off

Quote:
Originally Posted by postprosound View Post
Any experience? any help?.
Hello!

Typically, when you initiate a firmware upgrade... the process alerts you to wait until the device powers down on its own to signal the upgrade process has finished!

If you are suggesting that this never happened... then I might be concerned that the process was not properly completed!

If I was in your situation... I would roll back to an earlier firmware, which also requires that you de-install your current version of EuControl because the firmware upgrades are imbedded within each version of EuControl!

I would then download and install EuControl version 3.0.1... roll back the firmware (allowing the process to complete by letting the device power down on its own), and if your manual power features are restored, then repeat the process by downloading the current version of EuControl, and finally again upgrading the firmware! (Don't forget to let the "Mix" power down on its own!)

Al

Last edited by MoPro; 07-27-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPro View Post
Hello!

Typically, when you initiate a firmware upgrade... the process alerts you to wait until the device powers down on its own to signal the upgrade process has finished!

If you are suggesting that this never happened... then I might be concerned that the process was not properly completed!

If I was in your situation... I would roll back to an earlier firmware, which also requires that you de-install your current version of EuControl because the firmware upgrades are imbedded within each version of EuControl!

I would then download and install EuControl version 3.0.1... roll back the firmware (allowing the process to complete by letting the device power down on its own), and if your manual power features are restored, then repeat the process by downloading the current version of EuControl, and finally again upgrading the firmware! (Don't forget to let the "Mix" power down on its own!)

Al

Thanks for the reply, MoPro. Unfortunatly, this just didn't work. On the initial update to 3.2.2, the MIX showed progression to "update complete", and then stopped. The onscreen dialog box expected the unit to power off, but even after an hour's wait, it never did. this has continued to be the case since that time on every upgrade or downgrade. It is frustrating....
Old 07-28-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postprosound View Post
Unfortunatly, this just didn't work.
Sorry to hear that! Starting to sound like a hardware fault... maybe a stuck relay in the power circuit!

If this is a new unit... I'd send it back!

If not... I'd still send it back!

Or, if you are handy with a soldering iron... you could try to fix it yourself!

Sucks though!

Al