Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2015, 07:34 PM

Default Autobank Artist

I've noticed since 12.1 & 3.2.2 Eucon now when i click on a track it auto banks and makes the track i clicked appear on the far left of my mix window or the top of my edit window... so if i do any edits by clicking tracks in the edit window they keep flying all over the place!!! ... it used to just select the 8 tracks following and NOT move my pro tools mixer./edit window.. . Flying around sessions and clicking tracks to edit with this feature is problematic ... i still want auto bank to take my artist controller to focus on tracks i've selectec i just don't want it to move my mixer strips to the far left or top of screen all the time especially if i'm editing... the waveforms are jumping everywhere... i don't want to turn it off either as then it's a pain getting selected tracks on the controller to be on screen - endless searching and completely unintuitive... i just want the focus of the hardware controller to shift to the track and to see it as i have selected it on the screen without the screen adjusting unless i click on the border edges of whichever screen i am in maybe... ... does this make sense to anyone? :)

Is there a setting or combination of settings i am oblivious to?

many thanks
Old 07-29-2015, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Autobank Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by syMPh View Post
I've noticed since 12.1 & 3.2.2 Eucon now when i click on a track it auto banks and makes the track i clicked appear on the far left of my mix window or the top of my edit window... so if i do any edits by clicking tracks in the edit window they keep flying all over the place!!! ... it used to just select the 8 tracks following and NOT move my pro tools mixer./edit window.. . Flying around sessions and clicking tracks to edit with this feature is problematic ... i still want auto bank to take my artist controller to focus on tracks i've selectec i just don't want it to move my mixer strips to the far left or top of screen all the time especially if i'm editing... the waveforms are jumping everywhere... i don't want to turn it off either as then it's a pain getting selected tracks on the controller to be on screen - endless searching and completely unintuitive... i just want the focus of the hardware controller to shift to the track and to see it as i have selected it on the screen without the screen adjusting unless i click on the border edges of whichever screen i am in maybe... ... does this make sense to anyone? :)

Is there a setting or combination of settings i am oblivious to?

many thanks

If you go into setup menu under prefs/mixing controllers you can deselect the bank features right there
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.