Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 01-25-2010, 04:23 PM

Default Re: midi regions and deleting notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelabs View Post
Im sorry, but that makes no sense what so ever.
If your strings extend to bar 5, then the region should be part of that extension.
This way you don't have hanging notes on the sequencer when trying to arrange the song.

Last thing I need is hanging notes outside of the boundaries of the region
Specially when arranging the song.

and If you are worried about bar 5 next sequence patterns,
this is why there is "over dubbing".

Even some sequencers lets you "layer" regions, Its called "Layering Sequences"
Some people call it layering regions.
so you CAN move bar 5 region without destroying bar 4 extended notes or region.

I would of thought Digidesign would of known that by now.....lol

I totally agree. Look at Ableton or reason. Much better at midi editing. And no, they are not free. They are much more expensive than PT actually. I think you are being quite biased (yourugsman) to think that way about PT. Sure everyone is entitled to their opinions but just to keep saying that its better than everything else is definately not fact. I guess if the majority of PT users likes this then it would make sense to keep it that way but i seriously don't see it being useful or very good at all with workflow. Acourse this is just my opinion as well. I still believe PT has some ketching up to do in the midi department.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:31 PM

Look guys, stick with whatever rings your bell.

You asked, we told you - because we're here to help.
Take it or reject it.

And for the record - I thought you might take my comment about free software to mean the ones you're into, in fact I wasn't.
I was talking about free software.

Anyway, as I said, use whatever tools you feel comfortable with when creating music - there are those out there who have gained massive success in the industry who have never touched PT, we all know that.

Best of luck.

"Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know thats the way it will always be. Is that clear?"- Chevy Chase, Spies Like Us.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoRugMan View Post
Look guys, stick with whatever rings your bell.

You asked, we told you - because we're here to help.
Take it or reject it.

And for the record - I thought you might take my comment about free software to mean the ones you're into, in fact I wasn't.
I was talking about free software.

Anyway, as I said, use whatever tools you feel comfortable with when creating music - there are those out there who have gained massive success in the industry who have never touched PT, we all know that.

Best of luck.

Hahahahahaha HOW IS THIS EVEN AN ARGUEMENT, every daw but protools allows shortening MIDI REGION TO SHORTEN NOTE, it doesnt shorten note, but it doesnt allow it to play. The only REASON you would shorten a region is so a note beyond that region wont sound...that's the point. A good DAW let's you do what YOU WANT to do, not what someone "thinks" is professional. YouRugMan, it seems as though you are just arguing to argue. Pro Tools needs to work on it's MIDI and thats a general consensus. It's honestly that kind of attitude that keeps Pro Tools from being a go to production tool... The rise in FL Studio, Logic, and Cubase... being the go to for people who rely on midi. The number 1 producer right now Dr. Luke is quoted saying he barely ever uses midi in protools... He just drags audio to the grid... It's been YEARS and you can't save channel strip, you can't bounce in place... to add to the annoying list of things...