Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 11-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Avid

Default Re: Shift + control + click on track name doesn't bank on 1st fader?

Yes. My point is that the people who say that Scroll to View used to work are probably thinking of when it used to be HUI control, not EUCON. It's completely different code so we are going to have to write it new, if it was in EUCON then it would be a lot easier.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes. My point is that the people who say that Scroll to View used to work are probably thinking of when it used to be HUI control, not EUCON. It's completely different code so we are going to have to write it new, if it was in EUCON then it would be a lot easier.
Hey Eddie.
Yes, I can certainly see how it seems to be that way.
All that I can tell you is that I had an artist mix for over a year and used it daily with Eucontrol software. I switched between layouts constantly and enjoyed all of the advantages of Eucon software. I was definitely not running in HUI mode (I used to use Mackies and I am familiar with the protocol).
I used the Scroll to View multiple times per session on hundreds of sessions. Unfortunately, I can't go back in time to take a video but I wish that I could :)
Anyway, I certainly appreciate your sticking with this. At this point, it looks like we're not going to find the old code but if you and your team are able to add this functionality in the next release of Eucontrol, me and many others would most certainly be grateful.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:59 AM

I just came across this behaviour not working as expected... And see there is a lot of looking into this so far.

I need to confirm with other rooms here at the studio and whether or not they are functioning, but PT 12.5.2 with Eucon 3.5 and artist mix on this room does not have this function.

I know for a fact that I have had this run on my home system last time I laid up a larger premix. Brought an artist in to help me navigate, and woul dhave been running 12.4 with Eucon 3.2 ( I can't remember the actual version at the moment, but will follow up when I am back).

I know this still works with my faderport in a smaller dub room, but as pointed out that is HUI so not in question here. Will reply tonight once I can check each studio room here, and my home system. Would love to have this functionality back.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Harry View Post
I know for a fact that I have had this run on my home system last time I laid up a larger premix.
Hey Harry, thanks for chiming in on this.
If you have a moment to test this or can offer any other specifics, that would be really great.
Thanks.