Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-27-2006, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Im Afraid I\'ll Have To Say This!!

He's not asking how to toggle input and auto input monitoring, he's asking how to disable it completely (which is not possible)

Hi Jsswtpmp182
Thanks,out of all the posters on this thread your the only one who answered my question.

Its funny that when you tell it straight all the big posters come out of the woodwork,because it hurts. Stupid comments like learn how to use the software,find workarounds,it works for us etc etc.
My friends I know how to use the software and I also know how to make a lot of money from it.So the bottom line is that pt le and mpowered is a software with huge limitations,like it or lump it.
As for having the money to buy a 15000 pound rig,I dont have to.There are two other softwares out there without any kind of limitation,but I must admit that I like the way pro tools does a lot of things.
I didnt come here to flame anybody I asked a simple question and got a simple answer.

By the way IMO that limitation should not be there.

thanks

brandy
Old 09-27-2006, 05:54 AM

Yeah, he hanged up and you seem rather happy about that. You guys can fry eggs I must say.
It seems like you guys are pretty happy with your setups and that´s good. But I can not
think that Digi won´t keep developing this software so we can do all kinds of stuff without
have to buy a Quad or whatever. I found my workarounds and are happy with that for the moment.

It should be possible to get in here without beeing fried and nicely being redirected
to the "Wishlist". There´s more than PDC to wish for I guess.

Peter
Old 09-27-2006, 06:05 AM

Thanks jonah

brandy
Old 09-27-2006, 06:43 AM

boo f***ing hoo... What was your point again? plenty of folks have tried to help you, but I suspect you just don't know enough about the software to ask the right questions...

Keep trying... someone will "understand" you someday!
Old 09-27-2006, 07:09 AM

I think that the question was answered fine. And flame or not, you are using an LE system. It is digital. Latency exists, bottom line. Now, if you can hear 64ms h/w latency then you are DAMN good. I have been using a slow machine for years. Tracked at 256, sometimes 512 and clients were fine with it. The stuff turned out great and all is well. If you insist that it MUST and CANNOT be done, then you are in the wrong business, but seeing that you have been "making lots of money doing this" then man, we all must be doing something wrong. Never met an LE engineer who makes "LOTS OF MONEY" with his system. I personally have invested a lot into my LE system and it works well, and yes I make money with it. Tons, no, but enough to enjoy it, put out good products and have customers both come back and refer me to new clients... all with latency.... dear god!

So when you say all the "Big Posters" come out here to flame you, figure this... We have obviously been on here for sometime and if you sat to think about it some we have all pretty much answered this question numerous times before. It gets old, and frustrating. Not quite as old as "How do I record? in Pro Tools?" or "How do I make a track?" Crap like that gets old and if new users can scroll down a page or two they will surely discover that "Oh my god!" it has been asked before." Kinda feels like the LE forum has gone into a cycle of rebooting itself to no end with some of the posts, so yes yours adds to it. This is about help and whether it is in a flame or a rational post, your answer will more than likely be answered. Know this though that some of your thoughts are irrational. There is latency and there will be. It is LE it is marketing for Digi. If you think that they are not constantly trying to make a better product then you are an idiot. There is a reason that Pro Tools is an industry standard among recording facilities around the world. It works and it sounds good. Yes they tend to focus more efforts to their HD market, but they have also got to see that the LE realm for the home users and the hobbyists is also a HUGE market. If they did not, then why would they release 7.1 with 7.2 or 7.3 already in the works? Software development does not just STOP when a release is out.

All of this will come in time and again, it is LE. We can all wish to have HD. Some build systems that help offset the cost and buy gear to make the best system that LE can offer. Not to say that "oh my god, a QUAD will fix all your issues," but I gotta tell ya, it is pretty insane to have that type of power to run a system. And I too can say that I use ALOT of outboard gear and utilize pretty much all the items I can. There are workarounds to make it work. I too do workover work at times and always punch in. There is not a issue that I can see at all with my system. it is instantaneous when I hit record. My old system had a lag. So yes with the new horsepower that is out there, HD or not, Digi will need to develop software to go with it and I think that they have done a pretty good job with what they give us. Go use another piece of audio software for a month and see what happens... See how it works. If it blows Pro Tools out of the water, then hey, you are a winner....

So flame on....

Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 09-27-2006, 08:23 AM

There has been an accepted and standard way to avoid all latency during recording and that's to use a hardware console or get a hardware interface that has hardware monitoring built in. No one has ever complained - not on an LE system, not on an HD system and not on any other software (Logic, DP, etc.).

It's fine to ask the software to do what you want it to, but along with that you have to understand the logistic possibilities of actually making that happen. Zero latency (in software, that is) is nearly impossible, especially if you're trying to run a lot of tracks and plug-in, as processing all that data takes time. A faster computer will help, but expecting zero latency through software is unrealistic.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:25 AM

Exactly...

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 09-27-2006, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I think that the question was answered fine. And flame or not, you are using an LE system. It is digital. Latency exists, bottom line. Now, if you can hear 64ms h/w latency then you are DAMN good. I have been using a slow machine for years. Tracked at 256, sometimes 512 and clients were fine with it. The stuff turned out great and all is well. If you insist that it MUST and CANNOT be done, then you are in the wrong business, but seeing that you have been "making lots of money doing this" then man, we all must be doing something wrong. Never met an LE engineer who makes "LOTS OF MONEY" with his system. I personally have invested a lot into my LE system and it works well, and yes I make money with it. Tons, no, but enough to enjoy it, put out good products and have customers both come back and refer me to new clients... all with latency.... dear god!

I completely disagree with you... I just read an article about David Bendeth using an LE system at his home studio- and I'm fairly certain he makes a lot of money (considering he's one of the most in demand producers today). That's just one case of MANY of big producers and engineers using LE. In fact, I work with a really big producer and he sometimes tracks and edits on his m-audio fast track pro, with Pro Tools M-Powered- and I guarantee you've heard the stuff he's done with that little set up on the radio and MTV. When are people gonna realize- it's not what's under the hood, it's what you can do with what you've got...
Old 09-27-2006, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I just read an article about David Bendeth using an LE system at his home studio- and I'm fairly certain he makes a lot of money (considering he's one of the most in demand producers today). That's just one case of MANY of big producers and engineers using LE. In fact, I work with a really big producer and he sometimes tracks and edits on his m-audio fast track pro, with Pro Tools M-Powered- and I guarantee you've heard the stuff he's done with that little set up on the radio and MTV. When are people gonna realize- it's not what's under the hood, it's what you can do with what you've got...
Hmmm. But David Bendeth doesn't seem to have a problem with latency, does he? That's the point being made here; the system is usable as it is and as designed, if you know what you are doing. If you use it properly, you can get things done with it... just like David Bendeth and thousands of other users, professional or not.

If you use it correctly, there is no reason to monitor through outboard gear to avoid latency. None whatsoever.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 09-27-2006, 09:56 AM

"Hmmm. But David Bendeth doesn't seem to have a problem with latency, does he? That's the point being made here; the system is usable as it is and as designed, if you know what you are doing. If you use it properly, you can get things done with it... just like David Bendeth and thousands of other users, professional or not.

If you use it correctly, there is no reason to monitor through outboard gear to avoid latency. None whatsoever."
================================================== =============================================

Spkguitar, I never said this effected everybody,but every body has different expectations like I was use to in previous software.so cool down no panic.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys

Lets get something straight here,I'm not in this business for a hobby.And from what I read here you all seem to think I have a serious problem with protools.I dont and I can tell you that it runs 12 hours a day rock solid with out a hitch and I mean that.I read things like cpu problems midi problems error this error that, well I dont know, i dont have these problems.

I think you are all locked into this cubase/nuendo myth that m powered and le are a cut down version of the real protools. IMO this is bull s**t of the highest degree.Are we second class people just because we spend 1000 bucks instead of 15000 bucks? I dont think so.

My only problem at the moment is not with protools it self, its the feature that pt doesnt have that the compitition have.

Who ever said that I did'nt know enough about the software to make it work...Get a life.Holy God man would I be sitting here 12 hours a day every day with a software that doesnt work,I dont think so.I do have work arounds for anything that doesnt work including my current issue,but i hope this feature will be introduced soon.

Peace.
Ps: Guys whats the best shortcut key stroke for muting and unmuting a track? be nice.

brandy