Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 PM

Default PT9 Deleted my files too

Anybody know of an easy way to get them back?
I'm not sure what happened. My Mac Book Pro froze and so I turned it off manually (held down the power button).
When I turned the Mac back on Pro Tools didn't want to start.
It eventually started, but all of the sessions are missing.
It's not a big deal, though I just recorded my first song in PT, and edited with Melodyne, so I'd really like to recover hat session if there's a way to do so.

Thanks for any ideas.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:31 AM

Default Re: PT9 Deleted my files too

What do you mean that your sessions are "missing"? How are you going about trying to load them into Pro Tools?

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 01-18-2011, 06:26 AM

When I open PT9 there's a box from which I can select which session I want to open. All of the 6 or 7 sessions that used to be in there are gone.

I'm not quite sure how I did it (hunt and peck methodology) but I've been able to re-store about 2/3 of the session's tracks.*

There were 5 tracks on this song, and I've recovered 3 of the tracks, with all editing I did still intact.

Actually, if I recall correctly, just before my system froze I was trying to figure out how to convert the PT session into an mp3 so I could send it to iTunes and burn a CD to listen to in my car (the ultimate audio lab). I think I "bounced to disk" and suddenly all the regions in the song appeared on my desktop. I figured that wasn't how one converts a session to an mp3, so I dumped all of those regions into the trash.
This morning I remembered the regions were in the trash and so I brought them back up on to my desktop and fiddled around a bit and was able to (I think) get PT to re construct 3 out of the 5 tracks. I'm not sure where the other 2 tracks went though.

Haha.

I'm still messing around figuring PT9 out, and this was just my first attempt at recording a song and editing with melodyne, so the session was more experimental than creative. Still, if I could reconstruct the whole song that'd be nice...
Old 01-18-2011, 08:27 PM

your probably missing the files that you melodyned, melodyne saves it's tracks to another location. if all else fails in the pro tools session folder use a backup in the session back folder and see how far back you are from there. and if you open melodyne in teh prefences it will show where it saves it's audio files, you should be able to find what ever is missing in there. very valuable information for taking sessions with melodyne to another studio, i had to learn the hard way.