Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2016, 06:39 AM

Default Very Frustrated! How do I transfer a finished Pro Tools 9 song to iTunes?

This is not a rant against Pro tools! As a matter of fact the more I learn about Pro tools the less frustrated I am. But my problem is that no matter how I compose my internet search bar wording, (as in), "How do I transfer a finished Pro tools 9 song to the iTunes library", the results are always very concise as far as the Pro tools part but absolutely avoid any explanation of the iTunes part. I've even tried wording the search option the other way around but get the same results! Where can I find a precise explanation of this process? I see videos on You tube where people use iTunes to store and retrieve their music recorded on their DAW of choice so I figure it shouldn't be that difficult, Right? I admit to being a slow learner but I'm not stupid so any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance. Oh, and I hope this thread is one worthy of being posted on the DUC.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:05 AM

Default Re: Very Frustrated!

Is your "finished pro tools 9 song" a .wav file? It would be better to search for "how to import a .wav file to iTunes" because really you don't need any information about pro tools 9.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:28 AM

Thanks Glenjb. The one thing I haven't tried!
Old 07-07-2016, 08:05 AM

Well, That didn't supply the needed info either. So! Can anyone here just tell me, word for word , how to do this? That is, how do I send a bounced master recording to iTunes??? I don't know any other way to state this. I may just go back to using my old Alesis Masterlink recorder.
Thanks.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:21 AM

Do you mean iTunes as the application or iTunes as the store for music?
If you referring to the application, on Mac you can just drag and drop.
If you are talking about the iTunes store, than you as an individual can not do this. You need to go via distributing company.
I have used CDBaby for that.

Hope that helps.

- Mac Pro (Mid 2010) - OSX 10.13
- Pro Tools 2018.4
- Apogee Ensemble - Firewire
- Eleven Rack
Old 07-07-2016, 09:56 AM

I have found the answer to my question on The Sweetwater Music help page. Very understandable and precise instructions! I still don't understand why it was so difficult,(other than my own personal problem). Thanks to all who tried to help.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:58 AM

Thanks. I wasn't referring to iTunes the store.