Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2010, 09:14 AM

Default M-Audio KeyStudio 49 not 49i

Hi guys, how's everybody doing today?!
I'm new here and I have a question for you...I'm gonna receive a brand new M-AUDIO KeyStudio 49 (not 49i) midi interface and I was wondering if this keyboard is good to work with the Pro Tools M-Powered essential.
In the DIGIDESIGN page I can read that the software is compatible with the KeyStudio49i...but what about my model?
And if it works, do you know where I can find the software? Do you think it would work with the normal PT M-Powered instead of the PTMP essential only?
Any help would be super appreciate!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Avid

Default Re: M-Audio KeyStudio 49 not 49i

The KeyStudio 49 is included in the Pro Tools KeyStudio bundle. The KeyStudio bundle also includes the Micro USB Audio Interface (which is required to run Pro Tools Essential) and the Pro Tools M-Powered Essential Software.

To run Pro Tools M-Powered or M-Powered essential you need a qualified M-Audio audio interface. The KeyStudio keyboard can be used with either version of Pro Tools, but you still need a qualified audio interface. Pro Tools M-Powered Essential cannot be purchased separately.

If you only have the KeyStudio keyboard, you could purchase the Pro Tools Recording Studio which includes the Fast Track USB Audio Interface and PTE software.