Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2018, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Autotune Pro Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStudios View Post
I agree that it feels stupid to pay this much for very small updates. At the very least, a "pro" version should run in AAX DSP. That I would pay for. I paid too loose TDM...
^^^ And this.^^^

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-26-2018, 07:33 AM

Good idea. And perhaps for owners of EFX and 8 both as well?

Phone +46707773443
Old 04-26-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStudios View Post
I agree that it feels stupid to pay this much for very small updates. At the very least, a "pro" version should run in AAX DSP. That I would pay for. I paid too loose TDM...
Out of curiosity, are there any AAX DSP alternatives to Auto-tune? I realise most sane people wouldn't want to run Auto-tune live...but I recorded (you guessed it) a rapper the other day who requested AT running live on his vocal, & I felt glad I'm still using a TDM rig so could oblige..

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 04-26-2018, 12:51 PM

A guy on Gearslutz posted about how much better the new graph mode is. Even better than Melodyne. The auto mode is improved too. The results should null if 8 and Pro are the same, but they don't. Antares's own product description says they update the algorithm with every version. Don't know what their tech support is talking about.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:46 PM

Too little in sound/cost for me. (Demo try)
8 is fine here.

Get Kantos back in action would be nice.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:53 PM

I had a detailed email thread with antares regarding aaxdsp auto tune. THEY HAVE NO PLANS IN THE NEAR FUTURE TO SUPPORT AAXDSP.

However, they said that if i got a petition going of registered At users complete with email addresses that they would present it to upper management and the development team…no promises though

I am fairly certain I can get many of the big mixers here in LA. Does anyone out there want to help me put this together???

…i need aaxdsp auto tune for real.

ej
Old 04-27-2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
…i need aaxdsp auto tune for real.

ej
I would not hold my breath...what Antares is doing / thinking is completely beyond me. Any product worth having since they introduced Auto-Tune? Not in my opinion (I tried them all). Progress on Auto-Tune is slooooow and graphic mode so cumbersome compared to the latest version of Melodyne...

I own two licenses of Auto Tune Live and one of Auto-Tune 8. Do they really expect me to pay so much (again) to upgrade the user interface? pffft
Old 04-27-2018, 09:41 PM

How exactly is this version superior to auto tune 8? There has to be more than just a facelift
Old 04-28-2018, 08:21 PM

Did a whole bunch more tests bouncing the same things with 8 and Pro in Auto mode. Every single thing nulled. Whatever was throwing them off before wasn't today. So the benefit is in the spruced up create vibrato mode and the much improved graph mode. Then the key detector and Autotune 5 as a bonus.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:00 AM

I did a quick test of AT Pro the other day. I did some edits to a vocal line in graphical mode and commited the audio to a second track. The I ran them both at the same time and the were not equal which I had expected. Every time I played the phrase back was different. I switched to auto mode and as expected that was way more different from time to time. I would have expected the graphical mode to be the same every time but I could never get them to null out. When both tracks were played in phase with each other, graphical mode sounds like a Phaser has been applied and auto mode like chorus.

Strange?

Phone +46707773443