Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 03-13-2018, 05:00 AM

Default HDX 16x16's with Slate Digital VRS8?

I know it has not been released yet, but I was planning on getting the Slate Digital VRS8 package to play around with, but was wondering if I would have to use the line outs to go into my 16x16's or can it be hooked up via PCIe/thunderbolt as a interface and be used withing PT at the same time as pulling channels from the HD I/O's given that they are both set to the same rate?

Forgive me... I did try and search for a topic about this but I must of miss typed the first time cause it said no results found, but when I searched again, the main Slate Digital VRS8 thread came up. Delete this if needed, but the main thread didn't cover my question and the last post is from last year.
Avid S3 Control Surface
Avid Dock w/iPad Interface
Avid Eleven Rack (Guitar & Windows Audio)
Genelec 8351A SAM Monitors
JBL LRS-308 Monitors
Dangrous Monitor ST Controler
Akai MPK249 Keyboard
ProTools 2018 HD
Cakewalk SONAR Platinum
EastWest Full Sound Library (1.3TB+)
Various Other Sound Libraries (400GB+)
Waves Murcery Bundle
Slate Digital Everything Bundle
Akai MPC Essentials
Adobe CC Suite

Last edited by DeHaanStudios; 03-13-2018 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:32 PM

Default Re: HDX 16x16's with Slate Digital VRS8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeHaanStudios View Post
I know it has not been released yet, but I was planning on getting the Slate Digital VRS8 package to play around with, but was wondering if I would have to use the line outs to go into my 16x16's or can it be hooked up via PCIe/thunderbolt as a interface and be used withing PT at the same time as pulling channels from the HD I/O's given that they are both set to the same rate?

Forgive me... I did try and search for a topic about this but I must of miss typed the first time cause it said no results found, but when I searched again, the main Slate Digital VRS8 thread came up. Delete this if needed, but the main thread didn't cover my question and the last post is from last year.
You can only use 1 interface at a time period. If the VRS8 can be managed with its own routing software of some sort, you may be able to direct out the outputs from the VRS into the HD I/O line ins. We still don't know the specs of the VRS8, but I doubt it will be able to do what you are thinking.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-13-2018, 01:00 PM

Default Re: HDX 16x16's with Slate Digital VRS8?

Indeed, its going to be Line out to the HD IO, or revamp your setup to delete the HD IO and card(probably not what I would do). Having used the original VMS, it works quite well coming in thru my HD IO, but given you have some time before Slate ships the product, I would pose the question to Slate's Tech support(they are usually good about getting back within 1 business day)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave