How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2015, 11:01 PM

Default Eleven Rack and Ground Control Pro

Hi guys!

I just got the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro to work with my eleven rack for live gigs.

I just encountered a situation while practicing for my setlist earlier today.

I had set up to 8 stompboxes and 4 presets mode.
What happened is when I toggled between presets my Amp out volume is cut off. meaning that if say I'm playing on one of the presets I've set and transition to the next song I activate 2, 3 or 4. My amp out volume is cut (-60dB0), which mutes my entire rig.

Any idea what went wrong?

Love,
Ed
Old 06-14-2015, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack and Ground Control Pro

Sounds like the Amp block on one of the 11R presets is disengaged either because it hasn't been selected and saved or some random CC message is coming from the GC and turning it off.

Scroll through the 11R patches you're using and drill in to check the settings of all of them. If a patch doesn't have an Amp selected, choose one and save the patch.

Read the manual about 'Rig Balancing' as well.

If that's not it the problem is likely being caused by the GC sending a wrong CC message to the 11R which is turning the Amp off or altering the volume level/routing in some way.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 06-18-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:11 AM

I had the same problem as the OP. I was using my !!R with the GC Pro last night at practice. I had it hooked directly in to the P.A. via XLR. I was checking out the different Artist patches that Sweetwater ships this bundle with. When I was on patch one of a bank volume is fine, then I switch to a different patch, say channel 2. No volume. At first I thought there was just a discrepancy between the volumes for certain patches. I discovered though, that if you step on the the button again, the sound is back to normal volume. It seemed to happen randomly, an on different footswitches (1 - 4 at the bottom, in the 4 preset mode). Any Ideas? Do you think this is a GC Pro button issue?
Old 04-06-2018, 12:10 AM

My problem has been solved. I call Voodoo Lab this morning for tech support. The guy asked if my 11R MIDI was set to Omni. I changed it after watching a video on setting up a MIDI footswitch with the 11R. The tech support guy (Ben) told me to try switching the MIDI on the 11R back to channel 1. I did that, and it works like a charm.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:34 AM

Does this happen in various banks or just a certain bank?

I can't remember the default config of the GC when it ships because its been awhile. But the GC can send note, program changes, etc to different devices on different channels in each and every patch. If you dig deep into the GC manual it covers how to do this.

In my example, I send different notes to different devices (11Rack, Pod HD Pro, and lighting controller) when I change patches. My guess is....uneducated guess at best.....but there's a note change sent in a toggle ON/OFF that is Volume (don't have the manual in front of me)....maybe the Volume block On/Off note is being sent?