Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2009, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Identical Crash threads....

Is there another thread anywhere about this? Any leads or ideas from Digi? Are there not enough of us to make this one worth pursuing? Sorry, this seems like a pretty serious issue and Digi has received a lot of information from users about it. If there is an OS/PTversion/hardware combo you have actually tested that works, please tell us here so we can at least solve the problem by spending money.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Is there another thread anywhere about this? ...
At least 2 others....

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=247247

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=245657

Quote:
Any leads or ideas from Digi? Are there not enough of us to make this one worth pursuing?
They're "still pursuing it" (and seem to be doing so actively).... no word yet....There seems to be PLENTY of us reporting it.....

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 07-13-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisaiken View Post
Still plagued by these crashes multiple times a day...has any progress been made? I think we can all agree it's been too long without a fix...some stability please!!!!!!!!

Chris
Chris, or anyone else with the dreaded looping crash issues, have any of you found any solid long-term relief as of july 09? i have tried everything and still get it, usually in clusters (i.e., very solid for a day or so, then 3 crashes in an hour).

thanks!

cs
Nashville, TN
www.fabmusic.com
Old 07-13-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regis View Post
Chris, or anyone else with the dreaded looping crash issues, have any of you found any solid long-term relief as of july 09? i have tried everything and still get it, usually in clusters (i.e., very solid for a day or so, then 3 crashes in an hour).

thanks!

cs
Are you running PT8 cs3? The cs3 update solved it for me.
Not a single crash since.

http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/index2.html
http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/vita.html
www.3-p.de
www.imglashaus.de
Old 07-14-2009, 07:14 AM

I have sent MULTIPLE emails (with full crash logs, sys details and plug versions) to [email protected] about the dreaded loop crash errors and have not had one single reply. I have had reply's to other PT8 issues, (and quite promptly too) but I'm guessing that this one has them stumped, or they are understaffed or just don't give a stuff..... Either way it's not acceptable, and I will continue to wave the flag of frustration as long as it takes to get some sort of resolution.

LSS
Old 07-14-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:

thanks!

cs
Cs3 fixed it for me as well...sorry I can't offer any more input.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Hey Chris (Stevens),
Been on cs3 for the last +/- 2 weeks and it HAD resolved the issue until a couple tracking sessions last Friday/yesterday. I've had a few more instances of this since the update, but nothing like it had been previously.
I've also turned off DSP caching as well as installed the start-up "PT pref helper" app. since doing the UG.

Hope something in this thread helps you to regain some stability in your system. It's a major PITA, I know.

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 07-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosestones View Post
I have sent MULTIPLE emails (with full crash logs, sys details and plug versions) to [email protected] about the dreaded loop crash errors and have not had one single reply. I have had reply's to other PT8 issues, (and quite promptly too) but I'm guessing that this one has them stumped, or they are understaffed or just don't give a stuff..... Either way it's not acceptable, and I will continue to wave the flag of frustration as long as it takes to get some sort of resolution.

LSS
Sorry about that - your messages, for whatever reason, were caught in my spam filter, which I get an enormous amount of email in and sorting through it can take a very long time.

What I see from your emails:

1. Your plug-in version list is incomplete - not all plug-ins have version numbers next to them. You should trash the currently created version list and run the utility again - sometimes you have to run it twice to get the version numbers to show up correctly.
2. Your plug-in version list has plug-ins that are obviously outdated or otherwise incompatible. In looking at your other posts on the DUC it appears you tested this at one point with just Waves SSL installed - which version of that bundle did you use? Did you trash prefs after removing incompatible plug-ins? I'm assuming you're currently running with those incompatible plug-ins still installed, which certainly would explain the problems you're having. You should compare installed plug-ins to this list.
3. Your email doesn't give enough info about how you have everything connected, what types of drives you're using, if any other peripherals are attached to the computer, etc. - all the things we ask for in the Help Us Help You thread. This kind of information is critical for troubleshooting properly.

I've cleared your email on the whitelist, so anything you send to me should get through now. Please remove/update the incompatible plug-ins, trash prefs and let me know if anything changes. If not, you can either reply here or by sending me an email - make sure to include your complete system spec, the most recent crash log and a description of what you were doing prior to the crash.

And, as always, if you absolutely need a response for tech support, you should use the Tech Support Request Form. While I'm here to assist when I can, my primary job is to identify, reproduce and prioritize bugs reported here on the DUC. There are other reasons, which I will go into if it's absolutely necessary.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Avid

Quote:
Been on cs3 for the last +/- 2 weeks and it HAD resolved the issue until a couple tracking sessions last Friday/yesterday. I've had a few more instances of this since the update, but nothing like it had been previously.
Was there anything about those sessions that was different from the others?
Old 07-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Avid

Quote:

thanks!

cs
What have you tried, exactly? Can you post your plug-in version list and a complete description of your system, drives, peripherals, etc? Also, are you doing anything in particular when the crash occurs? Have you tried disabling DSP caching?