Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2010, 03:11 PM

Default NVIDIA Class Action Lawsuit

In case you did not know, there is a class action lawsuit going against the makers of the NVIDIA chip that was installed in certain MacBook Pro's and some Windows laptops. If you did not get an E mail from them, this is the header.

If you purchased certain models of notebook computers containing an NVIDIA graphics processing unit or media and communications processor, you could be entitled to benefits under a class action settlement.

Here is the link:

http://www.NVIDIASettlement.com/

You have to register your E mail address by a certain time to be included.

It covers certain model Dell and HP laptops. There is a list of serial and model numbers. If they accept the settlement and you had repairs done to correct video issues they will refund you; or if you did not have any repairs yet, they will pay to replace the NVIDIA components.

This is the list of problems. I have formatted this differently....you should go to the link to see for yourself.

Symptom
Class Computer Models Covered by the Settlement Agreement

Distorted or scrambled video on the notebook computer screen
All
No video on the notebook computer screen even when the notebook computer is on
All
Random characters, lines or garbled images on the notebook computer screen
Dell, Hewlett-Packard
Intermittent video issues
Dell, Hewlett-Packard
Failure to detect the wireless adaptor or Failure to detect the wireless network
Hewlett-Packard systems only.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)
Old 10-02-2010, 08:22 PM

Default Re: NVIDIA Class Action Lawsuit

Possibly relevant is my story...I found my 2007 mb pro with a dead display back in august. After determining that it was a gpu issue...everything functioned except the display...i went to the genius kids at the local apple store and they ran a test and informed me that I was covered by an nvidia service bulletin admitting to "early failure" issues. Now I m sure that I have a refurb logic board in the fix but since I was out of warranty and not an AppleCare person, I thought it was great customer service and very honest Corp policy on nvidia 's part.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television