Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-01-2005, 08:34 AM

Default PT7 - Instrument Tracks - Control Change Problem?

After I set up my MSB/LSB (Controler 0 and Controller 32) parameters and select a patch name/number I save the session.

When I re-open the session the patch name/number has been saved, but controller 0 and controller 32 settings have been cleared.

So now every time I open the session I have to spend 5 mintues re-setting everything back up again.

Anybody else had this problem?

This could have been triggered by assigining a midnam file, and then manually assigning msb/lsb settings, because the ones with a compatible midnam file seem to work fine.

Example: Turbo Phatt (works with the Mo Phatt midnam file), but the Construction Yard Rom and the Extreme Lead cards I have installed have different program numbers. These program and bank numbers dont' save. It worked fine with PT 6.7.

I hope this makes sense...
Old 12-01-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: PT7 - Instrument Tracks - Control Change Prob

I believe you need to do an actual program change on the midi track. Change the midi track view to program change, with the pencil click where you want the program change and then click the little program change box and choose the MSB/LSB and patch.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: PT7 - Instrument Tracks - Control Change Prob

The controller I'm referring to is in the patch settings parameter.

I've already set the patch MSB and LSB and it's all dandy. The problem is, the settings aren't saved.

When I reopen the session the controller settings have changed.

On my other gear that has a matching midnam it's fine, it's only the gear that I have to manually select the MSB and LSB settings.