Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 07-11-2012, 01:36 PM

Question Strange problem with MIDI Editor on Pro Tools SE- Only one Instrument track?

After finally feeling experienced enough at recording onto Pro Tools through my mic, I thought I would try out creating some instrument tracks using the MIDI Editor. With my Preferences set to "Recording or Performing" I created an instrument track, and "drew" the notes for a piano part using the pencil tool seeing as I don't own a USB keyboard.
I finished this, and decided I wanted to add some strings to the piece, so I created a new instrument track, and set it to Strings, so I could create it in the same way as I did for the piano track. However, when I select the track, the MIDI editor is still displaying what I drew for the piano track, and I can't seem to find a way around this. I've watched the tutorials Avid has uploaded to Youtube and looked at the User Guides that came with my version of Pro Tools but none of them seem to explain this issue, and as you can imagine, it's really frustrating!

Can anyone help?