Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 07-16-2012, 05:44 PM

Thumbs down Problems with my Fast Track Pro

hi there, I'm having problems installing my pro tools se and fast track pro, pro tools says its unable to locate the hardware and i have installed the latest drivers...it's getting really frustrating i need help
Old 07-16-2012, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Problems with my Fast Track Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by catxirous View Post
hi there, I'm having problems installing my pro tools se and fast track pro, pro tools says its unable to locate the hardware and i have installed the latest drivers...it's getting really frustrating i need help
This is likely to take a very long time if you don't tell folks here any details. What exact version of Pro Tools SE on exactly what version of Windows.

Scroll up to "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link in the header of this web page and have a read of that.

Posting the Sandra report described there is usually the quickest way to get problem resolved on Windows PCs.

Also when you reply indicate which ones of the recommended Windows optimizations you have done.

Have you tried a different USB cable? Tried a different USB port? Not using a USB hub right? Unplugged all other USB devices possible and rebooted? Have you disabled power management on USB (one of those documented Windows optimizations I'm guessing you have not done...). Does the Windows device manager show anything interesting? Is this a USB 3 port (can you try a USB 2 one?).

Darryl