Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-10-2010, 06:24 PM

Default Blue screen of Death on windows 7 laptop when installing Pro Tools 8

well guys sorry for disturbing you...i m very new in this forum and the whole pro tools thing ,and i think i regreted bying this format already,so i a have a digi003+ and with it a big problem on installation called blue screen of death!
I have a vaio lap top with windows 7 and when im going to install the program i get a blue screen or a non regognition of my hardware device with a very nice big freeze..in someway i relize that this is happening when i connect and switch on the digi hardware!sorry for not having a sandra report ,i will post it as soon as possible ,please help me so i will not go crazy
Old 07-10-2010, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Blue screen of Death on windows 7 laptop when installing Pro Tools 8

Hi gam, all you have to do, is, Install your Pro tools and don't connect your hardware, until you gonna Ibstall 8.0.4 Version, You can get the 8.0.3 Full Install, and then install 8.0.4, until here connect your hardware...with that you gonna get success with your installation.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Blue screen of Death on windows 7 laptop when installing Pro Tools 8

First, are you using the latest version of Pro Tools? 8.0.4? (It just came out this week). With Windows 7, you need to be.

Next, there are specific installation instructions. Are you following them? They instruct you not to connect your interface before you start the installation, so...

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-10-2010, 06:59 PM

I really am not trying to start a big fuss but if you buy a MacBook Pro you would have a much better time. If you have already spent that much on a nice LE rig you should pair it with a computer in the same league. Even a refurb model from the Apple website will get you better results than your Sony, just a thought. Best of luck mate:)
Old 07-10-2010, 08:36 PM

sorry but some specifications are in greek but i think they dont count so much

Processor
Model : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz
Speed : 2.00GHz
Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)
Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)
Type : Mobile, Dual-Core
Internal Data Cache : 2x 32kB, Synchronous, Write-Thru, 8-way, Inclusive, 64 byte line size
L2 On-board Cache : 2MB, ECC, Synchronous, ATC, 8-way, Inclusive, 64 byte line size, 2 threads sharing

System
System : Sony Corporation VGN-FZ31M
Platform Compliance : Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology
Mainboard : Sony Corporation VAIO
Bus(es) : PCI PCIe IMB CardBus USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
Multi-Processor (MP) Support : 1 Processor(s)
Multi-Processor Advanced PIC (APIC) : Yes
System BIOS : Phoenix Technologies LTD 11.00
Total Memory : 2.00GB DDR2

Chipset 1
Model : Sony Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Express Processor to DRAM Controller
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 200MHz (800MHz)
Total Memory : 2GB DDR2
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 333MHz (666MHz)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : Οθόνη PnP γενικής χρήσης
Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT
Imaging Device : Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC8

Physical Storage Devices
FUJITSU MHY2200BH 200GB (SATA150, NCQ, 8MB Cache) : 186.31GB (C:)
Disk : N/A (D:)
Disk : N/A (E:)
Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500A (ATAPI33, 47x CD-R, 63x CD-W, 6x DVD-R, 8x DVD-W, 2MB Cache) : 7.94GB (F:)

Logical Storage Devices
Hard Disk (C:) : 174.02GB (100.61GB, 58% Free Space) (NTFS) @ FUJITSU MHY2200BH 200GB (SATA150, NCQ, 8MB Cache)
Recovery : 12.29GB (861.01MB, 7% Free Space) (NTFS)
Removable Drive (D:) : N/A @ Disk
Removable Drive (E:) : N/A @ Disk
Pro Tools LE (F:) : 7.94GB (CDFS) @ Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500A (ATAPI33, 47x CD-R, 63x CD-W, 6x DVD-R, 8x DVD-W, 2MB Cache)

Peripherals
Serial/Parallel Port(s) : 1 COM / 0 LPT
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2834
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2835
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A
USB Controller/Hub : Ριζικός διανομέας (hub) USB
USB Controller/Hub : Σύνθετη συσκευή USB
FireWire/1394 Controller/Hub : Κεντρικός ελεγκτής συμβατός με 1394 OHCI (Παλαιού τύπου)
PCMCIA/CardBus Controller : Texas Instruments PCI-8x12/7x12/6x12 CardBus Controller
Keyboard : Τυπικό πληκτρολόγιο PS/2
Mouse : Alps Pointing-device for VAIO
Mouse : Ποντίκι συμβατό με HID
Human Interface : Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device
Human Interface : Συσκευή διασύνδεσης USB

Communication Device(s)
Device : HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Printers and Faxes
Model : Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Model : HP Photosmart C5100 series
Model : Fax

Power Management
Mains (AC) Line Status : On-Line
Battery No 1 : 100%

Operating System(s)
Windows System : Microsoft Windows Vista Home Media Center 6.01.7600
Platform Compliance : Win32 x86

Windows Experience Index
Current System : 4.6

Network Services
Adapter : Ελεγκτής Marvell Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet
Adapter : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Old 07-10-2010, 08:37 PM

guys ofcaurse and i will check you suggestions !!!:)
Old 07-10-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsongstudios View Post
I really am not trying to start a big fuss but if you buy a MacBook Pro you would have a much better time. If you have already spent that much on a nice LE rig you should pair it with a computer in the same league. Even a refurb model from the Apple website will get you better results than your Sony, just a thought. Best of luck mate:)
well you re right man,but my budget at this time cant afford a mac!!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkguitar View Post
First, are you using the latest version of Pro Tools? 8.0.4? (It just came out this week). With Windows 7, you need to be.

Next, there are specific installation instructions. Are you following them? They instruct you not to connect your interface before you start the installation, so...
first of all i dont use any version ,because the installation think doesnt work,i ve done everything correctly as guide setup says,i have 8.0.4 but it has to find a previous version to work since its an update setup!my biggest fear is that my lap top isnt compatible with pro tools and thats why all this happens..pfff
Old 07-11-2010, 04:32 AM

guys if you have any time pls make a review on my report,i m still in the same spot with the installation issue,and any help would be very usefull for me
Old 07-11-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonsdeejay View Post
Install your Pro tools and don't connect your hardware,
This is great advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonsdeejay View Post
then install 8.0.4,
This is the proper advice. To be running on Windows 7, you NEED to be using 8.0.4. There is no question about this. It is the only version of Pro Tools that is supported for running on Windows 7.

However...

According to your report, you are NOT running Windows 7. You are running Vista Media Center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamwtonxristo View Post
Operating System(s)
Windows System : Microsoft Windows Vista Home Media Center 6.01.7600
Platform Compliance : Win32 x86
Now, the "Vista" part is not really a problem. The "Media Center" part is. Though some people have been successful using Windows media center versions, they are not supported for running Pro Tools.

You might want to check for an upgrade to that OS. Make sure you are using at least Service Pack 1. I personally would recommend actually ditching Vista altogether and getting Windows 7 for real.

The other incompatibilities should not impede installation, but would need to be taken care of before running Pro Tools.
Quote:
Imaging Device : Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC8
This would need to be disabled when using Pro Tools (once you get it installed).
Quote:
Physical Storage Devices
FUJITSU MHY2200BH 200GB (SATA150, NCQ, 8MB Cache) : 186.31GB (C:)
Disk : N/A (D:)
Disk : N/A (E:)
Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500A (ATAPI33, 47x CD-R, 63x CD-W, 6x DVD-R, 8x DVD-W, 2MB Cache) : 7.94GB (F:)
You only have one hard drive listed. (although some recording to the system drive has been possible by some users at some times on some systems, It is an absolute requirement that you use a separate drive for Pro Tools audio sessions. For laptops, an external firewire drive is recommended. (USB is NOT supported).
Quote:
Communication Device(s)
Device : HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
Are you really using this? It should be disabled if not.
Quote:
Adapter : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
This absolutely must be disabled when using Pro Tools (once you get it installed).

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12