Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-07-2004, 12:21 AM

Default Waveform doesn\'t match audio!

Into a 48K session, I brought in a single mono track (approx 45 minutes) of production audio from a DAT via S/PDIF.

I was slicing the segment into individual regions or 'takes' to bouce for editing. About the 7th segment I noticed the waveform no longer represented what I was hearing in my head-phones. Also I was hearing audible pops in the audio. Almost like single 'frames' of audio from other portions of the region. I say other portions of the region becuase I could recognize the audio as a characters voice but the volume of the pop was nothing like the adjacent audio. It sounded like single frames were inserted into the audio region. The region view does not reflect any cuts around the pop. And as I stated before the region waveform does not reflect the audio in my earphones. Earlier regions on the same track play fine.

Anyone else have this trouble?

- Jackson

ProTools LE 6.4 on a Mac Dual 1.4 G4, 512MB RAM, Digi 002 Rack, dedicated internal ata drive.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Waveform doesn\'t match audio!

I have had weirdness like that only a couple times. Each time, the only thing I could figure is that my drive/partition was getting close to full and needed to be wiped clean/defragged.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Waveform doesn\'t match audio!

My drive is at less than 10% capacity. Bought it new for this project.

I'll try optimizing the drive. Are you suggesting I wipe it and start all over again?

Thanks for your help.

- Jackson
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Waveform doesn't match audio!

I am having the same problem just without the pops. But the wave form is not syncing with the audio. So far, I have no solid answers from anyone.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Waveform doesn't match audio!

Just how was the audio "brought into" your PT session, and is the DAT also 48K. If you used the SPDIF connection, then you should set the DAT machine to be the clock source(SPDIF that is) or you are likely to get clicks and pops. If the DAT was 44.1K, then you would be better using a 44.1K session, or dub through analog connections. As for audio not matching the wave, Hmmm...could be a graphics issue(don't really know)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave