Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 05-28-2016, 08:48 AM

Default MIDI playback slow and not lined up

Hello.

Windows 7 PT12. Been working on a track for years. Around 50 audio tracks and one midi track feeding into an instrument track with ezdrummer plug on it.

I bounced out the ezdrummer track to reduce CPU load. I then made instrument track and MIDI track inactive.

Now I've made those two active again because I want to use the ezdrummer multichannel feeding into 8 separate aux channels.

BUT when I made them active again now my MIDI channel does not line up to 0:00, is playing at about half time, and does not match the bounce of that ezdrummer track.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
JWW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2016, 09:09 AM

Default Re: MIDI playback slow and not lined up

So which one is at the right tempo?

Bounce track wrong? (temp and pitch wrong). You have sample rates mixed up somewhere in your bounce/reimport.

MIDI track wrong? Sounds like it is... Most likely a pilot error in moving and dragging out a region or adjusting tempo (MIDI track click based, other tracks sample based).

Either way all the clues, and tools to solve this are right in front of you.

And obviously if you are on Pro Tools 12 you don't need to bounce in future to do this.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:54 AM

Default Re: MIDI playback slow and not lined up

Yes. Sorry. Midi track is wrong. I did the same thing on 3 other songs with no problem. I haven't adjusted or changed the midi track in a couple years.

I only bounced it out as a precaution and now I'm really happy I did.

But yeah something probably happened based on tick vs sample or something.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk