Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2015, 10:05 AM

Default Pro Tools acting oddly

I am new to Protools so I thought that these issues were a frustrating part of the program, but now that I've read just about every tutorial around, I realize that there is something wrong:

1- Hitting "enter" on the numberpad makes it play rather than creating a marker.
2- Hitting Tab while in the marker area does nothing.

3- When playing, if I hit stop, the selection I was playing becomes deselected and I have to reselect it.
4- When scrubbing at the various speeds using the number pad, the play line moves but I don't hear any audio.
5- when using the scrub tool, the sound is played in stuttered blips at normal frequency rather than a slow or high pitched pace as with Avid Media Composer, Nuendo and just about every other software.

There may be other issues.

Is this a settings thing? A version thing? I'm using 10.3.8 Do I need to re-install? Conflict with Avid Media Composer? Conflict with Protools 11? I remember that when installing 10 and 11, you have to install in a certain order. If I re-install 10, do I have to uninstall and reinstall 11?

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Protools acting oddly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnygg View Post
I am new to Protools so I thought that these issues were a frustrating part of the program, but now that I've read just about every tutorial around, I realize that there is something wrong:

1- Hitting "enter" on the numberpad makes it play rather than creating a marker.
Preferences>Operation>Transport "Use Separate Play and Stop Keys"
Old 07-31-2015, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools acting oddly

That fixed three of the issues but not any of the others. But we're getting closer:) Thanks. So that fixed the ability to create markers and it fixed the scrubbing. But it didn't fix:

1- TAB will only go one marker. Hitting it again will not go to the next marker.

2- If you are in playback loop and you hit stop or play again, the selection gets deactivated and my in and out points go away.

Thank you in advance:)

-Spencer
Old 07-31-2015, 01:12 PM

I spoke too soon.

Scrubbing using the START-Numpad was working for a minute, but now it's silent again. I didn't change any settings. But I did select regions and test the loop playback a few times to make sure that it was still broken.

Scrubbing using the mouse still works, though.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:25 AM

Uninstalled and then installed the update to 10.3.10.... no changes
Old 08-01-2015, 11:40 AM

PT/MC co-install need PT installed first
PT10/PT11/MC co-install my be a problem

my brain is not processing this next part fully right now so please forgive the errors:
unlinking the Timeline and the Ruler, you can set your loop selection in the Ruler and it will stay selected when you play/stop and edit

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig