Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 01-04-2020, 11:09 AM

Default Session Drums VOL 1 from Sonivox, where is it?

I purchased and downloaded Sonivox Session Drums VOL 1 from the avid store so I can use it in Pro Tools FIRST, I went through my iLok account, everything was fine, opened up pro tools first, pop up at the beginning said it was active, opened up a stereo instrument track and I can only find Xpand2, what is going on? everything went fine, where is the plug in I purchased? I'm very new at this so im probably missing something but I'm at a loss..
Old 01-04-2020, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Session Drums VOL 1 from Sonivox, where is it?

Okay, it looks like that plugin should work with PT First so let's dig deeper. You said you looked at your iLok account and "everything was fine"...what exactly does that mean? Is the Sonivox licence actually moved onto your iLok? Showing up as available doesn't mean its ready to use(only that its available to move to an iLok). Next question; when you installed the plugin, did you install all versions(AAX, AU, VST, etc) and did you install to the default location? Just trying to figure out a reason for it not to work

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-04-2020, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Session Drums VOL 1 from Sonivox, where is it?

yes, it is in my ILok and check marked as active, I'm not sure what you mean by all versions, I just clicked the link avid sent me in an email after it was purchased that took me to my avid account where it had 2 files:

SessionDrums1.pkg (130 MB)
SessionDrums1_7d97ab0e-d15e-44b1-98c1-94d1ca889d36.exe (158 MB)

I downloaded the both of these and ran the set up, After ILok was set I opened Pro Tools First and a window came up asking if I wanted to activate the plug in on this machine or something to that effect, it said it was successful and Pro Tools First opened. Can't find my preset, I'm also not sure what you mean with "Default Location" I just put it on my C:/ drive, does that matter where its saved? I have no idea.