Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2019, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools reinstatement plans axed from Jan 1st 2020

I believe my post has been edited too. The part that I think it’s missing from my last post:

“Your needs is like toilet paper for avid”
Old 11-30-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
I believe my post has been edited too. The part that I think it’s missing from my last post:

“Your needs is like toilet paper for avid”
And you think that is appropriate in the discussion?

Can we try to please refrain from these comments. They dont add anything to this and we want this thread to stay open so lets try to keep our comments informative and clean

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-30-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
And you think that is appropriate in the discussion?

Can we try to please refrain from these comments. They dont add anything to this.
That is not insulting or name-calling.

This is just censoring users who are at their wits' end with Avid ... the worst part being I'm sure we'd all love to see PT succeed and be the kick-ass DAW it has the potential to be. Respect is a two way street. Avid is not respecting us. Using somewhat amusing language to describe a ridiculous situation is not insulting, it's at least adding some levity through humour.

Tone-deaf is an accurate description.

Again, I do not envy your position but this is bizarrely heavy-handed moderating that is going well beyond the written rules of the forum.

Last edited by Teej; 11-30-2019 at 05:58 AM. Reason: realised i used the word "dissent" in the wrong context
Old 11-30-2019, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Probably because it clearly states that ...
Probably not. Probably because the part of mine that got edited out referenced a post that got removed. In any case I don't think you should be quick to assume a reason.

Quote:
Lets stay off the trash talk and inappropriate wording as we all know how most feel
Very interesting. Did you read the original post? I thought it was a neat reflection of how the poster felt, and it resonated with me, you can find my response, which is I dare say slightly more but not that much more civilised. I feel extremely uncomfortable that mine, on which I seem to remember a short "that's the thing" at the start, got edited, "probably" to fit the rewritten thread history.

I respect the mods, I've done some of that kind of work a long time ago. I think if a marketing (d*)-move prompts an angry response, that should be given some air and space to play out. The post I saw that got removed was angry but I thought it referenced the business decision. In any case to delete it without a trace is to pretend that it didn't happen and that customers don't care. Don't defend such rewriting of events, directly or not.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:57 AM

Thats your opinion and I have mine. And we dont have to agree but all the respect talk is just us members reading. The deciding people at Avid Don’t hang here as it is a User forum so all it does is throwing words back and forth to other members and if thats adding to this thread then by all means go for it!

And FYI I didn’t moderate your post!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-30-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Thats your opinion and I have mine. And we dont have to agree but all the respect talk is just us members reading. The deciding people at Avid Don’t hang here as it is a User forum so all it does is throwing words back and forth to other members and if thats adding to this thread then by all means go for it!
Which has been part of the problem for awhile now. You'd think people providing a product might be interested in what the users have to say in their own User Conference forum. Naw, I guess that would be too obvious.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Avid Don’t hang here as it is a User forum
And this enhances what I posted.

Where is Avid hanging? Oh, don’t tell me, they are too busy watching their bank account while their customers are being ripped off.

I believe people have the right to know the truth about Avid.

And also hurts because I trusted Avid, and it’s a shame having such a potential daw in the hands of....(Fil in the gap for yourself)
Old 11-30-2019, 06:42 AM

"throwing words back and forth to other members" is where some of us take our cues from, when it comes to deciding whether to throw more notes at this product and company the forum is about. In that sense, the "meta"-talk and defending the rewriting of history, that's far less helpful than the original sentiment.

I genuinely do want to know how other people here feel. A few years back there wasn't a much of a DAW in DaVinci Resolve, and I didn't feel like buying Nuendo out of spite either. Can you see how I feel as a semi-pro user? I'm certain I'm not alone.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:59 AM

PS. We mods do NOT work for Avid! I am posting my own thoughts and have nothing to do with Avid or their policies. As I said a peer to peer forum and I have no clue where Avid ”hangs” as I am just a producer and songwriter from sweden with a studio and I know all us mods are using our own words and have nothing to do with what Avid wants or doesn’t want us to say or think. We are users like you and have the same issues with errors etc.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-30-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
PS. We mods do NOT work for Avid! I am posting my own thoughts and have nothing to do with Avid or their policies. As I said a peer to peer forum and I have no clue where Avid ”hangs” as I am just a producer and songwriter from sweden with a studio and I know all us mods are using our own words and have nothing to do with what Avid wants or doesn’t want us to say or think. We are users like you and have the same issues with errors etc.
Fully aware of this. Pretty sure that the only people we're truly annoyed at are in the executive suite.