Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2018

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-20-2018, 05:23 AM
teedeecee teedeecee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sydney
Posts: 98
Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

Sounds like you need a break! Next time you travel north to Sydney let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-20-2018, 05:49 AM
TNM TNM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,136
Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV626 View Post
While I would agree that seeing Pro Tools ending up in Apple's hands might not be a viable solution, I'd certainly not say that's because they'd screw it up. Logic has become one of the top DAWs today, thanks to Apple and what they did with LPX.
no.. it hasn't. They keep bolting on features and spending obviously massive resources to do so, yet won't fix underlying 20 year old issues with it.

People buy it cause it's easy to write music in and it's CHEAP with all the included instruments, as well as being stable, and they like the idea of apple product apple computer.

However, almost all those people at some point end up on a forum pulling their hair out as they come across one of Logic's "legacy" mixing engine problems, rinse, cycle repeat.

I personally had to help *dozens* of people not understand why their automation was "suddenly" out of time, till i finally created the topic at Gearslutz to hopefully help more people out there.

I have reported it to apple every year for over 10 years to no avail. Just one example.

It's a very serious fundamental issue, but there are many more.

Just my 2c and another take from a logic user since V2.. until i couldn't take apple not fixing these major problems anymore.
__________________
1) iMac Pro 3.2ghz 8 Core, 64GB Ram, 2TB SSD, OS 10.13.6, Caldigit TS3+ Dock, Startech USB-C raid enclosure w/ Crucial MX500 1TB x2, 1TB SSD-R G Tech x 2, Samsung 860 Pro 512gb Audio Drive in USB C Enclosure, TBolt Apollo 8 x 2, TI2 Desktop, MoxF6, tons more midi synths, PT 2018.7/Cubase9.5.
2) MBP 2.8ghz i7 quad, 16GB ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.12.6, PT 2018.7, Logic 10.4.1,Internal Sound, TBolt SSD 512GB.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-20-2018, 11:33 AM
ehaber ehaber is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 14
Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

At Christmas they had a similar MTRX sale--I didn't notice if it was on the entire HDX line; presumably the current sale is simply a President's Day holiday weekend sale. (And it's a sale on both the base unit and the various I/O cards.) So if someone's considering purchasing HDX interfaces, waiting until a possible holiday sale could save significant money.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-20-2018, 12:21 PM
TNM TNM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,136
Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

Oh ok, i finally found it by going to an American online store.. Couldn't see it on Avid's own pages...

20% is HUGE on stuff at those sorts of prices.

Unfortunately it will have that effect on my mind now that I have to wait till I can get it at 20% again, as I won't spend an extra 2 thousand dollars if I don't have to. So i hope they do it again.

Can't find any such details at one single aussie store unfortunately.

If i search for avid hdx 20%, tons of results come up, if i filter the goog to OZ only, nothing.. plenty of results but with the "20%" crossed out, i.e, not present.

I have contacted the guy I am dealing with to ask him if he has access to it so i can buy the base card, 1 i/o and the software TODAY.. so.. hopefully i hear good news.
The rest can be sorted out later any time, that's the easy part.
__________________
1) iMac Pro 3.2ghz 8 Core, 64GB Ram, 2TB SSD, OS 10.13.6, Caldigit TS3+ Dock, Startech USB-C raid enclosure w/ Crucial MX500 1TB x2, 1TB SSD-R G Tech x 2, Samsung 860 Pro 512gb Audio Drive in USB C Enclosure, TBolt Apollo 8 x 2, TI2 Desktop, MoxF6, tons more midi synths, PT 2018.7/Cubase9.5.
2) MBP 2.8ghz i7 quad, 16GB ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.12.6, PT 2018.7, Logic 10.4.1,Internal Sound, TBolt SSD 512GB.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-20-2018, 01:15 PM
deanrichard deanrichard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 786
Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

Financially they may each have been a disaster. But Hernandez is the one who began outsourcing PT development, and we all know how well that has worked out. That took bad decision making to a whole new level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
The same thing has been said about the last three CEOs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-20-2018, 04:48 PM
YYR123's Avatar
YYR123 YYR123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 13,345
Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
if there are any bargains you know of at brick and mortar dealers please drop me a PM.. much appreciated.

I would try vintage king.

Email them now and setup the deal. Tell them you will pick it up at their office no shipping required

I’ve found they always have the best new deals
__________________
Daniel
HDX - PT12.5.1 - HD I/O 16x8x8
Win10-Pro (v1709)- 6 Core i7-6850k - ASUS X99 Deluxe ii
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue


http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-20-2018, 07:23 PM
TNM TNM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,136
Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeecee View Post
Sounds like you need a break! Next time you travel north to Sydney let me know.
awesome, will do. Likewise melbourne, give us a holler. Cheers
__________________
1) iMac Pro 3.2ghz 8 Core, 64GB Ram, 2TB SSD, OS 10.13.6, Caldigit TS3+ Dock, Startech USB-C raid enclosure w/ Crucial MX500 1TB x2, 1TB SSD-R G Tech x 2, Samsung 860 Pro 512gb Audio Drive in USB C Enclosure, TBolt Apollo 8 x 2, TI2 Desktop, MoxF6, tons more midi synths, PT 2018.7/Cubase9.5.
2) MBP 2.8ghz i7 quad, 16GB ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.12.6, PT 2018.7, Logic 10.4.1,Internal Sound, TBolt SSD 512GB.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-20-2018, 07:26 PM
TNM TNM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,136
Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I would try vintage king.

Email them now and setup the deal. Tell them you will pick it up at their office no shipping required

I’ve found they always have the best new deals
I saw this too late.. it's like almost 730 there..

I have the aussie guy I am dealing with trying to get a special price now..

it is what it is, or till the next sale.
__________________
1) iMac Pro 3.2ghz 8 Core, 64GB Ram, 2TB SSD, OS 10.13.6, Caldigit TS3+ Dock, Startech USB-C raid enclosure w/ Crucial MX500 1TB x2, 1TB SSD-R G Tech x 2, Samsung 860 Pro 512gb Audio Drive in USB C Enclosure, TBolt Apollo 8 x 2, TI2 Desktop, MoxF6, tons more midi synths, PT 2018.7/Cubase9.5.
2) MBP 2.8ghz i7 quad, 16GB ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.12.6, PT 2018.7, Logic 10.4.1,Internal Sound, TBolt SSD 512GB.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-24-2018, 01:26 AM
Fixius Fixius is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sherman Oaks
Posts: 35
Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

Avid has stayed in business by buying out other developers, like Digidesign and Euphonix, rebranding their software/hardware, and taking their profit, all while doing next to nothing to improve their own software, like Media Composer-which is in such desperate need of a rewrite, it’s unfathomable. Anytime Avid adds a feature that every other software has had for a decade or more, they sell it as revolutionary, because they bank on their industry standard status, and trust that no one knows how behind the times they are. This is no longer true. Everything great about Protools was a product of Digidesign. Everything great about the hardware was designed by Digidesign, Euphonix, or Focusrite. Avid is a monopoly and between it an Apple, they are making the film and television industries desperate for reliable competitors.

What do you expect from a company that charges $60 for a tech support call, and turns a profit from their **** not working.

Sorry to dunk on Avid, but this is where we are. No one at that company dreams any more. Everything they make runs exactly like it did 10 years ago. Everything they bought from other companies, remains pretty much the same. I’d love to see Avid kick it into gear and release new-working products, re-engineered for the 21st century. They need to start listening to people.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-24-2018, 02:13 AM
TNM TNM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,136
Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

Why not just change software then Fixius? I see you use PT HD 12, *AND* media composer..

Go to Logic and final cut pro instead (for example), or nuendo and something else. You say avid's software is behind the times.. I say Pro tools has stuff that no other DAW has even today..

it's behind on just 2 things.. track folders (already coming), and integrated pitch. That's it. Big deal.
__________________
1) iMac Pro 3.2ghz 8 Core, 64GB Ram, 2TB SSD, OS 10.13.6, Caldigit TS3+ Dock, Startech USB-C raid enclosure w/ Crucial MX500 1TB x2, 1TB SSD-R G Tech x 2, Samsung 860 Pro 512gb Audio Drive in USB C Enclosure, TBolt Apollo 8 x 2, TI2 Desktop, MoxF6, tons more midi synths, PT 2018.7/Cubase9.5.
2) MBP 2.8ghz i7 quad, 16GB ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.12.6, PT 2018.7, Logic 10.4.1,Internal Sound, TBolt SSD 512GB.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avid changes product versions TCM General Discussion 6 01-17-2018 09:23 AM
New Avid product Carl Kolchak General Discussion 4 04-29-2013 03:42 PM
I will never buy another avid product!! fsilano FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Mac) 17 04-17-2013 08:57 AM
Why is Avid releasing an obsolete product? blu2 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 31 09-17-2010 04:33 AM
New Avid Brand Identity, Product Announcements and an updated Avid.com Avid General Announcements 0 04-20-2009 12:56 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com