Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2018, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Horrible Build Quality on these units!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
It LOOKS like they're only selling 1 cap. I'd need 20! The other adds showed a bag of 5 or 10 per their price. Also, I don't know what the size of these faders are. How do you tell?
lol... I'll say it again, the existing caps you already have work fine. They were put on backwards by the factory.

Flip them around, press hard. Search the forum for this issue some years back if you don't believe me.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:10 PM

i thought this just happened to me when i owned my artist mix faders flying off sometimes sold mine own a d command now no more flying off fader caps!
Old 02-03-2018, 01:13 PM

We had 4 units bought new from Thomann by me and it was the black Avid branded units, no wrong side up or down fader caps on any of those. I never heard of that and had to ask two studios we work with and they have two mix and one control which didn't have the fader caps on wrong either. They bought new aswell so this must be a specific batch or a US thing

Anyhooo You can buy 20 caps from the link if you still need to. Just make sure you specify the correct size first.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-03-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We had 4 units bought new from Thomann by me and it was the black Avid branded units, no wrong side up or down fader caps on any of those. I never heard of that and had to ask two studios we work with and they have two mix and one control which didn't have the fader caps on wrong either. They bought new aswell so this must be a specific batch or a US thing

Anyhooo You can buy 20 caps from the link if you still need to. Just make sure you specify the correct size first.
All of these units have caps with teeth on one side only, and if you look at the slider, it has indentations where the teeth are supposed to fit, on one side only.

Someone isn't paying attention, or looking close enough. They only fly off if they're put in backwards.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
All of these units have caps with teeth on one side only, and if you look at the slider, it has indentations where the teeth are supposed to fit, on one side only.

Someone isn't paying attention, or looking close enough. They only fly off if they're put in backwards.
Got it!

Thank GOD our units were on the correct way from the store. I would have missed that too as it is a rediculous option to have them on backwards whenyou buy them. What would that accomplish?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-03-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Got it!

Thank GOD our units were on the correct way from the store. I would have missed that too as it is a rediculous option to have them on backwards whenyou buy them. What would that accomplish?
Plenty of gripes about the early decisions that Euphonix made, specifically the knob quality, but fortunately this is an easy fix..
Old 02-03-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Plenty of gripes about the early decisions that Euphonix made, specifically the knob quality, but fortunately this is an easy fix..
We sold our units due to eucon issues and now we use raven mti2's and our trusted SSL4000G+ 48 ch and no "connection problems with analog"

Thanks Robertg for the heads up. I suspect this will be brought up again and then we have an idea to try so good info there

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-03-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
lol... I'll say it again, the existing caps you already have work fine. They were put on backwards by the factory.

Flip them around, press hard. Search the forum for this issue some years back if you don't believe me.
Yep, you were right. I flipped the offending caps and squeezed them on the sides. Now they seem to be on very tight. So far, I haven't lost one during any banking since the flip. Thanks a lot for this tip!!