Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 09-06-2016, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Fasttrack Pro USB, El Capitan working!

Hi guys. Just install drivers 1.9.3. They work on el capitan.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:51 PM

If you are searching for a manual uninstall of the Fasttrack Pro in 10.12 Sierra these are the files up to be deleted, and the addresses were to search them:

./System/Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext
./System/Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext/Contents/MacOS/M-AudioFastTrackPro

./Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext
./Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext/Contents/MacOS/M-AudioFastTrackPro

./Library/LaunchAgents/com.m-audio.fasttrackpro.helper.plist

./Library/PreferencePanes/M-AudioFastTrackPro.prefPane
./Library/PreferencePanes/M-AudioFastTrackPro.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/M-AudioFastTrackPro

./private/var/db/BootCaches/FA059394-A860-4A33-A2FF-611426051B7B/app.com.avid.usb.fasttrackpro.firmwareupdater.play list
./private/var/db/receipts/com.m-audio.fasttrackpro.macos.installer_0.bom
./private/var/db/receipts/com.m-audio.fasttrackpro.macos.installer_0.plist

./Users/jaco/Library/Saved Application State/com.avid.usb.fasttrackpro.firmwareupdater.savedSta te
./Users/Shared/Library/Preferences/com.maudio.usb.fasttrackpro.driver.plist

Btw this is the command to search inside your Mac. Try it in various combination, avoid to trash important file system or system audio kext.
Quote:
sudo find . -iname "*fasttrackpro*" -print
In Sierra OS Console, this is Not a Case sensitive search. May be in other OS.
for more info on this command just refer to THIS POST.

Last edited by JacoLoco; 01-06-2017 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffxKidd View Post
Just curious, I read that the Fast Track Pro was (UNTESTED) for Pro Tools 12, when I make my Fast Track Pro the main interface the audio will come out from my headset which is a good thing....but then i can't get my Blue Baby Bottle Mic (Connected to the Fast Track Pro) won't respond and i can't arm any tracks because of the input error....is this because the fast track pro isn't compatible yet??? should i just go get something that is compatible like Fast Track SOLO???? I'm asking because for the longest I've used the fast track pro with my Pro Tools SE & have never had any issues until i went from the old OS X to El Captain...thats when all my problems occurred.
My opinion is that Avid never provided a rock solid driver for the FastTrack Pro. I've always getting some kind of unstable behavior, but on Yosemite things got worse. Can't even imagine what can be worse on El Capitan and Sierra.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacoLoco View Post
If you are searching for a manual uninstall of the Fasttrack Pro in 10.12 Sierra these are the files up to be deleted, and the addresses were to search them:

./System/Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext
./System/Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext/Contents/MacOS/M-AudioFastTrackPro

./Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext
./Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext/Contents/MacOS/M-AudioFastTrackPro

./Library/LaunchAgents/com.m-audio.fasttrackpro.helper.plist

./Library/PreferencePanes/M-AudioFastTrackPro.prefPane
./Library/PreferencePanes/M-AudioFastTrackPro.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/M-AudioFastTrackPro

./private/var/db/BootCaches/FA059394-A860-4A33-A2FF-611426051B7B/app.com.avid.usb.fasttrackpro.firmwareupdater.play list
./private/var/db/receipts/com.m-audio.fasttrackpro.macos.installer_0.bom
./private/var/db/receipts/com.m-audio.fasttrackpro.macos.installer_0.plist

./Users/jaco/Library/Saved Application State/com.avid.usb.fasttrackpro.firmwareupdater.savedSta te
./Users/Shared/Library/Preferences/com.maudio.usb.fasttrackpro.driver.plist

Btw this is the command to search inside your Mac. Try it in various combination, avoid to trash important file system or system audio kext.

In Sierra OS Console, this is Not a Case sensitive search. May be in other OS.
for more info on this command just refer to THIS POST.
Your procedure is very good for getting rid of garbage. Now I'll say what I did to make my FT Pro working on my Yosemite:
1. Plugged FT Pro on a Windows 10 machine;
2. Installed the last Windows driver, which supports up to Windows 8.1. After the installation, it will offer the firmware updated. I accepted it, but don't know if it's mandatory. Note that the firmware update tool contained inside the Mac .dmg archive never find the interface, but the Windows utility works.
3. Made the procedure described above to remove any remaining garbage from previous drivers.
4. Disabled kext signing on Yosemite;
5. Installed 1.9.5 driver. Done. Now you have your always-not-so-good interface working again. If it doesn't work, try restarting the interface while not playing any audio playing (device not streaming anything), otherwise your system can hang.

Last edited by brdeveloper; 01-13-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:04 AM

Hi tanks a lot! It works for me twice:
1st on a macbook pro running el capitán
2nd on a imac 21,5 late 2009 running Yosemite
Old 12-25-2017, 02:13 AM

Dear All,

My M-Audio Fast Track Pro is running with 10.11.6.
The problem I have is that os x doesn't see the SPDIF Input of the interface. So it's not possible to integrate a hardware insert in Pro Tools.

Any idea?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot at Dez. 25 11-12-09.jpg (42.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-26-2018, 09:12 AM

Anyone getting the Fast Track Pro working on El Capitan? That is, with official drivers and 48KHz/24-bit sampling? Does the built-in OSX El Capitan driver sample at 48KHz/24-bit?
Old 03-24-2018, 01:50 PM

Guys I have registered just to ask you to be more detailed when writing about those type of driver issues. As some of you posted that you got your FTP to work in 10.11.6 (El Capitan) but you haven't described any details and to ppl who read your posts it can be really misleading info.

I'll give some real details to whoever is reading this.

Quote:
brdeveloper
01-26-2018 09:12 AM
Anyone getting the Fast Track Pro working on El Capitan? That is, with official drivers and 48KHz/24-bit sampling? Does the built-in OSX El Capitan driver sample at 48KHz/24-bit?
@brdeveloper
My Fast Track Pro (USB) is working on El Capitan, but unfortunately only with the built-in OS X driver (meaning without any driver installed). I'm not sure what you mean by "sampling" but the card is streaming at 44.1kHz and 16Bit by default - that is viewable in the System Preferences/Sound/Fast Track Pro 0/4 Outs.
Using preferences in Ableton9/Logic9 I was able to set it to operate in 24Bit, but I cant change the sample rate to get it stream above 44.1kHz.
On export/bounce, however, in Ableton9/Logic9 you can set the FastTrackPro to export in higher sample rate, but you have to mix on 44.1kHz (at least in Ableton it's clearly shown that FTP streams at 44.1kHz).

One other thing I have to mention is that when I try to export in Ableton9 at 24Bit/96kHz --- I get some of my plugins BUZZING hard after the export - and the result usually is the following:
The plugin is either not present in the exported audio or the audio itself isn't properly exported and there is a constant AWFULLY LOUD BUZZ covering the whole audio file.

In the other hand though, as a guy sad in some other post, when I export in Logic9 (24Bit/96kHz) everything seems to be working just fine. Meaning the file is exported at 24Bit/96kHz and everything sounds as it should be.
This really bugs the F out of me, as I finally decided to "shoot in the dark" updating my OS from the old 10.7.5 Lion to 10.11.6 ....unfortunately without making a backup image.

Quote:
adach4 Hi guys. Just install drivers 1.9.3. They work on el capitan.
@adach4
Dude 1.9.3 driver isn't working in El Capitan - you are delusional.
I've tried that and on the M-Audio Panel was clearly written "Device Not Recognized"
you actually get it working as if there's no any installed driver - with all the issues I've described above. AND THAT CAN'T BE DESCRIBED AS A WORKING SOLUTION. (sorry for shouting but you mislead ppl who will read this post with your crazy, non-fully tested notion.)

Quote:
magiclick
Hi tanks a lot! It works for me twice:
1st on a macbook pro running el capitán
2nd on a imac 21,5 late 2009 running Yosemite
@magiclick
What is working? The driver or the FAST TRACK PRO (without any driver installed)? How is it working?
Do you have your device recognized in the M-Audio Driver Panel (on El Capitan 10.11.6) ???
If yes that means you will be able to stream and export audio at any rates with any DAW.
...seems like you haven't tested anything before posting either.

Final thoughts:
I saw JacoLoco jumped in this topic:
HTML Code:
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forums/topic/312132-m-audio-avid-fast-track-ultra-el-capitan-workaround/?do=findComment&comment=2341107
where ppl try some crazy kext swaps between Yosemite and El Capitan in order to get their FAST TRACK ULTRA(s) working in El Capitan and Sierra.

But as JacoLoco himself I'm to scared to try to hack my USB system drivers!! (for now)

so I'm starting to lose fate in coming up with some "not really risky"workaround.

For anyone reading this in 2018 you should check this whole topic >>>
HTML Code:
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forums/topic/312132-m-audio-avid-fast-track-ultra-el-capitan-workaround/?page=3
READ CAREFULLY its 4 pages long. I've read somewhere else on the net a post from a guy who got his M-AUDIO FAST TRACK PRO working under El Capitan or Sierra using the workarounds there.
Read carefully though, and backup your system before trying anything from there - is my advice to you fellow screwed musicians.

It's one thing going to the bank finding the label you signed with haven't paid you a share from selling your music. (not that is pleasant)
But to be forced to pay for another Audio Interface over an absence of support drivers for your old (otherwise excellent working) AUDIO Interface is another level of screwing up the underground musician/mixing engineer/producer.

anyway... I'm outta here