How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2014, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Eucon 3.1.3

Uninstall all EUCON Stuff 1 more time and run ccleaner
It takes out all orphaned entries, you might need to let it search a couple of times, as it will find nested depencies too. But this will remove everything EUCON related for sure.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:12 AM

Is anyone running mavericks and logic pro X sucessfully?
Cubase 7.5.20
Pro Tools 11.0
RME HDSPe AIO
Old 07-14-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptmusic9 View Post
Is anyone running mavericks and logic pro X sucessfully?
uhh, just those two? thousands of people are?
Old 07-21-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonypac View Post
I don#t think Avid is interested in supporting this small company called RME and RME is not interested in implementing EuCon for just a few users.
It's very frustrating indeed. Years ago I raised this issue on both forums, talked to Avid support on the phone, etc, hacked through all the config files and experimented with some very rube-goldbergesque midi routing - and only wasted my time.

The irony is that because they won't fix this simple issue, I have to keep my 10 year old Yamaha 01x mixer around as a control surface just to manage my monitor mixes through Mackie Control on my RME UFX. The 01x is getting a little creaky, and soon I'll have to lay down more $$$ to buy another control surface that my Eucon/Avid gear was supposed to replace. Given this experience, it's highly unlikely that I will buy a new control surface will be from Avid.

Wouldn't it be awesome if one of the software engineers at Avid read this and "snuck in" the quick fix? (hint )
Old 07-21-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDaveDave View Post
Years ago I raised this issue on both forums, talked to Avid support on the phone
Meanwhile Avid's ignorance is impressing me But I also see no interest on RME's side. The bug is because of a simple naming error. They use an "internal" App name that is different from the external one. EuCon's Mackie emulation seems to recognize only the internal one. Why RME uses two names for Totalmix FX is a mystery for me :roll eyes:

Quote:
The irony is that because they won't fix this simple issue, I have to keep my 10 year old Yamaha 01x mixer around as a control surface just to manage my monitor mixes through Mackie Control on my RME UFX.
Did you check LC Xmu? This could be a chance to connect your Artist gear to Totalmix FX without those bugs and limitations. There is a tryout version I tested with success. Although there seems to be no further development, last update is from 2007. Just did some checks only with MC Transport and it works with all Mackie-parameters assigned to TotalMix FX (except Jog as V-Pot or Fader ).
Old 07-24-2014, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpechet1 View Post
Avid has released Eucon v3.1.3... Just installed it... So far so good..
Hi

After noticed a bluescreen with every exit from Cubase, I uninstall V3.1.3 and installed v2.7.1.

OK - bank is now back to 4 ch only, but the rest of the functions seems to be more stable and - and that's the point - no more bluescreen after exit from Cubase

Cheers
https://sites.google.com/site/alrecordingstudio/
1pc AVID Artist Control and 1pc Euphonix MC Mix
Win11 64Bit, Cubase Pro 12.0.52
Old 07-28-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonypac View Post
Meanwhile Avid's ignorance is impressing me But I also see no interest on RME's side. The bug is because of a simple naming error. They use an "internal" App name that is different from the external one. EuCon's Mackie emulation seems to recognize only the internal one. Why RME uses two names for Totalmix FX is a mystery for me :roll eyes:
Oh, you're right - I forgot that it'd be the quick fix from RME, not from the Eucon team... I'll have to renew some of my complaining over on that board!

Quote:
Did you check LC Xmu? This could be a chance to connect your Artist gear to Totalmix FX without those bugs and limitations. There is a tryout version I tested with success. Although there seems to be no further development, last update is from 2007. Just did some checks only with MC Transport and it works with all Mackie-parameters assigned to TotalMix FX (except Jog as V-Pot or Fader ).
Wow - thanks for that tip on LC Xmu! I'll try this out and post back.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Oh, you're right - I forgot that it'd be the quick fix from RME, not from the Eucon team... I'll have to renew some of my complaining over on that board!
Wow - thanks for that tip on LC Xmu! I'll try this out and post back.
Some (hopeful) news about RME and Artist: Matthias Carstens from RME wrote, they will check the naming bug after factory shut-down. I had a discussion about that theme in RME board (Sorry, important facts at the end of that thread in german only). It seems that the bug was a misunderstanding on all sides since years. We will see.

Even better I finally found a way to fully connect Artist Transport as an Advanced Control Remote Deluxe (incl. Jog + Shuttle). It is based on Mackie but independent from direct connection between TM FX and EuControl (See some facts here). It's not finalized yet, but already works in one way nearly perfect. This "workaround" opens a free assigning method for every Mackie to Eucon connection, even other apps that support Mackie could be connected or bugs could be "solved". Not easy to implement, but the work is it worth I think. The best: There is no need of support from Avid's side, that never will come Perhaps this will be a user project in future
Old 10-10-2014, 02:44 AM

BIG improvement for me! Connection doesn't require 5 attempts anymore and is much more stable. Still trouble in the mackie control though: mac midi device still doesn't get more inputs as you add apps to the eucon prefpane.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:43 AM

I've just downloaded it and I"m hoping I can now use Logic X with my Control and Mix. Crossing my fingers.