Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 07-16-2011, 04:07 PM

Default Tracks panning to one side

So I'm having this weird issue with one of my sessions, and I'm kinda new to pro tools, so bear with me here. When I play my tracks, all of them seem to be panning to the right side more than the left. Not all the way, but definitely noticeable. I checked all of the pans on the each track, and they are in the correct spots. Even the tracks that aren't panned at all, are coming out stronger on the right side. If i try to pan anything to the left side, it doesn't seem to pan all the way over, it just kind of moves to the middle, even if the pan is on left<100. I have about 18 audio mono tracks, an aux track, and a master fader track. the 8 drum tracks are going to the aux track, which isn't panned either way, but still sounds like its panned right. I don't see a pan control on the master fader track, but maybe im missing something. I have a Fast track ultra 8r interface. Anyone have any ideas where else I could check? I'm running out of ideas
Old 07-17-2011, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Tracks panning to one side

Is it audibly noticeable or do you see it on your meters? To run a simple test, set up a signal generator with a 1K tone on a mono track and see if the meters are even on your master fader which it should be. Make sure to mute your speakers before you do this test. Go to the m-audio mixer and confirm the levels are even there too. Check the panning on that mixer. You gotta follow signal flow to track down your issue.
M-Audio Firewire 410 via Digi-Qualified SIIG FireWire 2-Port ExpressCard {NN-EC2012-S1}
Glyph 050Q 500GB via eSATA
Old 07-23-2011, 06:45 AM

I'm not sure I follow so well what you're saying. I don't see any type of pan settings or meters on the master fader track, just volume. I tried testing this with various other headphones and speakers, and it still sounds the same, so I know it's not just crappy equipment. I went through a bunch of the settings, like turning pan automation off on all tracks through window->automation. It makes no sense to me!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:04 AM

Make sure you add a master track not just a fader. There will be meters on that.
M-Audio Firewire 410 via Digi-Qualified SIIG FireWire 2-Port ExpressCard {NN-EC2012-S1}
Glyph 050Q 500GB via eSATA