Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 07-29-2005, 08:41 PM

Default LT Pending Delivery Limits

What is with the 20 pending deliveries limit?

I realize this is the LT version, but even so, out of 20 items, the delivery list only shows two or three "Pending" deliveries, while the others are "Received." When that 20-item limit is reached, if one of my users attempts to create a delivery, the client software displays a 'no more connections allowed' message and suggests we contact the recipients and make them delete items from our server.

Is it unreasonable to expect that a pending delivery means an unreceived delivery, and not a received delivery waiting to expire?

Honestly, I would not say our usage exceeds 'moderate volumes of data on a regular basis,' which is how Digidesign describes the LT product.

Can we get a break here?
Old 08-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Avid

Default Re: LT Pending Delivery Limits

If your server is filling up with delvieries that have already been downloaded by all of the recipients, you can go to the Delvieries Settings page and lower the "Number of days deliveries are stored after all recipients have downloaded" setting. If you set this number to 0, they will be deleted from the server as soon as the last recipient downloads them.

Sounds like the error message should tell you to contact the administrator, not the recipient. We'll definitely take a look at that.

Thanks, Gordon
Old 10-18-2005, 10:10 AM

I am also getting the message that the max number has been reached when the pending list is on 5 items but there are many received deliveries.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:32 PM

I have the same problem with our LT box.

As I understand it, pending means that it says pending in the column in the admin window. We are getting the error message that there can be no more deliveries even with only 8 or 9 items labelled pending if there are more than 20 items total.

This is not as advertised.

PS

Hi Gordon!
Old 10-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Avid

Thanks for your notes. I will ask if we can update the logic. In the meantime, I'm afraid you'll have to manually delete those deliveries you no longer need. And before you ask the next question, yes, we're adding checkboxes to make deleting lots of deliveries easier.

Thanks, Gordon
Old 01-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Avid

The 2.1.1 server software has been updated so that deliveries which have been downloaded by all recipients no longer count against the 20 pending delivery limit. Thanks for pointing this out.

-- Gordon
Old 01-11-2006, 12:56 PM

WOW! I must say, this is SERVICE!!!

Shortcome ==>> Report ==>> Fix ...all within a month.
EXCELLENT!

Way to go, DIGI