Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2018, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Shut up and take my money!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
My understanding is that both AR and SSL have individual non-bundle deals with Waves.
I have the SSL 4000 bundle also, and it shows in my account as a single bundle, not individual plugins like the Abbey Road Collection does. Whether Waves treats them differently I don't know yet as they haven't released any new SSL plugins since I bought the bundle. So..I dunno...

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 10-20-2018, 08:30 PM

I bought it. I have too many plugins.....

Next time any of you see me asking about a plug feel free to remind me I don't need it.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
I have the SSL 4000 bundle also, and it shows in my account as a single bundle, not individual plugins like the Abbey Road Collection does. Whether Waves treats them differently I don't know yet as they haven't released any new SSL plugins since I bought the bundle. So..I dunno...

The Waves SSL collection was only available as a bundle for the first decade of it's existence. I think it was released in 2006 or so, with the G channel being added to it in 2008. It wasn't until June last year that Waves offered them for sale individually, starting with a $29 sale on the E-Channel. It caused a bit of a stir.

It may well be a result of a change of terms between Waves and SSL, who knows. On the other hand, I feel like the Abbey Road stuff have always been available as individual plugins.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:38 AM

Default Shut up and take my money!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
I bought it. I have too many plugins.....

Next time any of you see me asking about a plug feel free to remind me I don't need it.

C

Hahah right on....will do.

Oh yeah and I have too many plugs as well
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:43 AM

I tested it this AM on a drum buss. Was able to get a decent sound. I own the both the Curve Bender and Zener Limiter and like the way UA copied the Zener. Using compression only, I got the controls as close as I could and feel the "original" setting is OK. The UA Zener is very close to the Chandler to my ears. Just don't want to spend the $$. (OK- one more plug).

The Chandler Zener (and the UA version) offer attack control which is lacking here but Waves added some side chain capabilities which may prove helpful (need to mess with them) as well as the ratio dial (which does not exist on the Zener) .

Hope all are enjoying their musical endeavors.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
As detailed earlier I went for TG through Audio Deluxe. Waited & waited to get the license code/serial number and waited some more, upwards of 8 hours. Checked the AD site and it was there - I was able to register TG through Waves no problem. But I never got the email from AD with the s/n in it. Anybody else have this issue? And if you do and still haven't gotten the email you might want to try looking in you AD account after a couple of hours.

And no it wasn't in my isp's Spam bucket.
By the way, you can use Waves referral codes on AudioDeluxe now apparently. So you would save another about 10%

YNY23 is the code you get when clicking on a referral URL.

If you want to see this for yourself, go to your Waves account (My account)

Under FREE STUFF click My Rewards. Click the Waves Refer a Friend link

You'll see a URL, mine for example is https://www.waves.com/r/j2kruw

Paste that in your browser

You'll see the actual code in RED on that page.

You can use this code on AudioDeluxe to save about 8% extra. However, if you are purchasing on the Waves site, be sure to use a referral link so the referrer gets the credit. It would appear that no one gets referral credit if you use this code on AudioDeluxe.com, however, you do save more as the buyer since AudioDeluxe has it's own discount code automatically applied.

I tested it with TG in my cart and it took the price down to $30.93 at AudioDeluxe, vs. $35.10 at Waves.

It takes the Platinum Bundle down to $205 (down from $299)

Enjoy.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio

Last edited by Benoni; 10-21-2018 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Clarity of post
Old 10-21-2018, 12:21 PM

@benoni: is the same code for everyone, mine is YNY23 too. You can paste the code alone and still get the 10% off but if you use one of the links Waves will also give the owner of the link 10% of your purchase from their own pocket (in Waves credit that can be used to purchase their software, not hardware). You cannot use your own link, you have to use someone else's.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
@benoni: is the same code for everyone, mine is YNY23 too. You can paste the code alone and still get the 10% off but if you use one of the links Waves will also give the owner of the link 10% of your purchase from their own pocket (in Waves credit that can be used to purchase their software, not hardware). You cannot use your own link, you have to use someone else's.
Im talking about AudioDeluxe, not buying from Waves. AudioDeluxe has lower prices than the Waves site.

Is the code the same for everyone? I swear I saw different codes when using different links, maybe not. Either way, you can use the code at AudioDeluxe.

EDIT: Ok did some checking with other links and it does appear like YNY23 is the same code for everyone. I will update the original post for clarity.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-21-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I swear I saw different codes when using different links, maybe not.
You're right! I think they change the code from time to time, that's why you can find different codes (that don't work) still floating around in old threads, etc.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
But again like I'm asking is there anything that expressly says WUP gets extended? There's no wording on Waves site that says so. Or do you only find that out after purchase?
Actually the Waves site says "Every new purchase or upgrade of any Waves product includes one full year of Waves Update Plan coverage."

https://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan