Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 12:30 PM

Default G5 Optical Output to 192 Optical Input

Hi -

Trying to pipe the G5s optical output into in aux input in PT6.9.2 via a 192 interface, so I can audition CDs, itunes, etc.
I have set Audio Midi Setup to match my session (48k 2-channel 16bit),
set the Sound preference pane to optical out, and created the aux input in PT usisng the Optical Enlosure jack.
I have set Harware Setup to
9-10 Input Optical (S/PDF),
9-10 Ouput Digital (Enc),
Digital format Optical (S/PDF).

The 192 and my 02R are clocked to an Aardsync. Sound is working, but I'm getting what sound like clocking error pops in the audio. Any tips?

Audio Midi Setup has an "external clock" setting, but when I try it it jumps back to internal....

Also - is there a way to get the system sounds to stay on the G5 speaker?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: G5 Optical Output to 192 Optical Input

Yes, this is a bit of a conundrum, but I think the best solution is the behringer, based on price and need. It seems to do all that you require. I am awaiting one of these to interface my G5 to my DM2000 desk. This device will convert from a number of digital and analog sources and perform sample rate conversion on the fly (needed in this situation as the mac cannot sync to the digital world)
Hope this Helps
Regards
Simon L

http://www.behringer.com/SRC2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG