Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2015, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Happy travelers?: PT11 & Softube Console 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crandallwarren View Post
Hmm... alright-- maybe I was missing something last night. I'll have to look at it again.

It's interesting though, you bring up a point that I hadn't considered. I'm supposing that if I wanted to say, disable automation for the EQ on every channel that I'm using Console 1 on-- I'd probably have to go through and do that on every single channel? Its strange because the Console 1 sees each instance as part of a global system, but does Pro Tools still only see each channel as an individual plugin?
I think I understand what you are saying.

Console 1 sees each channel individually as does PT. If you disable an eq on one channel with C1, it does not affect the other channels. So each channel is individual on either system. Pro tools for automating only sees what you tell it to.

Trying to disable 1 parameter of plugin automation is a hassle regardless of what plugin you are using. If Eq was the only thing you had automated, you could just turn the automation off and on per each channel, which means you can use short cuts and do them all quickly.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-28-2015, 06:14 PM

So this is what I'm talking about. Notice how it only lists the plugin, but doesn't list the parameters with the option to enable/disable them. Are you guys saying that you're seeing something different?
[IMG] photo Console1_Automation_zpsad76d786.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2015, 07:26 PM

Interesting.
Do you have any of the parameters turned on inside the plugin??

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-28-2015, 07:37 PM

So from what I can gather-- this is some sort of bug and/or peculiarity with the (mono/stereo) version of the plugin. Both the mono and stereo versions of the plugin show the parameters like normal. However, if I insert the (mono/stereo) version on a mono audio track it doesn't display the discrete parameters for enable/disable.

Now as far as I can see, inserting the (mono/stereo) version is the only way to pan a mono track with the console one pan knob...

Henrik, are you out there? Any thoughts on this?
Old 01-28-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crandallwarren View Post
So from what I can gather-- this is some sort of bug and/or peculiarity with the (mono/stereo) version of the plugin. Both the mono and stereo versions of the plugin show the parameters like normal. However, if I insert the (mono/stereo) version on a mono audio track it doesn't display the discrete parameters for enable/disable.

Now as far as I can see, inserting the (mono/stereo) version is the only way to pan a mono track with the console one pan knob...

Henrik, are you out there? Any thoughts on this?
That makes sense. You are changing it to a stereo on the output side giving it panning ability. That panning ability is constrained within the panning of the track in Pro Tools. To have full panning control it has to be on the Pro Tools track itself.

As far as not having any parameters available on that track, that would be a bug!

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-28-2015, 08:33 PM

Yeah... I wonder if anyone could verify whether or not they get the same thing. It occurs to me that I'm still on PT11.2, so there's a chance that maybe this been resolved in the update? Although it seems unlikely that its a Pro Tools thing causing the bug...

I've got a support request into Softube-- so, we'll see what they think.

Last edited by crandallwarren; 01-29-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:15 PM

Default Softube Console 1?

Any more folks using or still using Softube Console 1?

I saw it yesterday in person for the first time. My nephew and his homie came over to mix a song they had. Their laptop spdif out. First they pulled out this Push controller and fixed some stuff up in Ableton. Bounced and imported the new tracks into a 40+ plus Logic session, sat on the couch, and pulled out the softube console. They were zipping around this Console thing like they were on a real console. Dedicated knobs much better than any controller baring an Icon D-Control. They also used the softube CL1B with the console as well. Does the console 1 work with all softube plugins? Is the 4000 the only console they have?

Last edited by Wall2Wall; 11-08-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Softube Console 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall2Wall View Post
Any more folks using or still using Softube Console 1?

I saw it yesterday in person for the first time. My nephew and his homie came over to mix a song they had. Their laptop spdif out. First they pulled out this Push controller and fixed some stuff up in Ableton. Bounced and imported the new tracks into a 40+ plus Logic session, sat on the couch, and pulled out the softube console. They were zipping around this Console thing like they were on a real console. Dedicated knobs much better than any controller baring an Icon D-Control. They also used the softube CL1B with the console as well. Does the console 1 work with all softube plugins? Is the 4000 the only console they have?
I love mine. They have a 4000 and 9000 and works with all their plugins I know of that are of the nature of the parameters, so for instance bass amp room wouldn't load, but the compressors and eq's will and they have a new one for the gate channel called "transient shaper" The Cl1b is also one of my favorite software compressors on vocals.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 04-27-2016, 11:57 PM

Hello guys,
I'm coming back to this old thread because Softtube has really good deals right now...

My question about the track numbers and organisation:

my template looks f.ex. like this:
3 kick tracks
1 Kick Sub Group fader
2 Snares
1 Snare Sub Group Fader
etc...

when I put Console one on the Kick Group Fader will it have the "number 1" in console 1
when I put Console one on the Snare Group Fader will it have the "number 2" in console 1

or will the Kick Group fader will be on "number 4" because it's the 4th track in PT.

When I put the plugin only on AUX groups and I move tracks and Auxes in the PT main window will the console 1 assignements keep my numbers/channels?

Last edited by danyg; 04-28-2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyg View Post
Hello guys,
I'm coming back to this old thread because Softtube has really good deals right now...

My question about the track numbers and organisation:

my template looks f.ex. like this:
3 kick tracks
1 Kick Sub Group fader
2 Snares
1 Snare Sub Group Fader
etc...

when I put Console one on the Kick Group Fader will it have the "number 1" in console 1
when I put Console one on the Snare Group Fader will it have the "number 2" in console 1

or will the Kick Group fader will be on "number 4" because it's the 4th track in PT.

When I put the plugin only on AUX groups and I move tracks and Auxes in the PT main window will the console 1 assignements keep my numbers/channels?
I think there may have been some updates since I had mine, so some of this may have changed? But, when I had mine, the tracks in Console 1 were numbered based on what order you instantiated the plugin. They didn't correlate with the track order in PT's at all. And no, Console 1 will not follow you track re-ordering in Pro Tools. Nor will it follow if you're hiding/showing certain tracks. So, if the first track you put the plugin on was track 8-- that would show up in Console 1 as Track 1. Again, I think that may be a Pro Tools specific thing and maybe that's been updated...

The thing that really drove me nuts was the way you have to go about re-ordering tracks in Console 1, which is sort of like copying channels on digital console. You have to use a sequence of buttons to copy and paste-- you can't use a keyboard or mouse for this...

What really broke it for me was when I got my artist mix. Using the two together is kind of impossible because neither one can follow the other. I just found that it was slowing me down and I was having to put a lot of energy into making everything work with Console 1.

I think if you have a template that you always use and you can build Console 1 into that-- then it can be useful. Also, if you're doing stuff as if you were going to a tape machine, with minimal editing (vocal rides, plosives, lip smacks, etc...)

Last edited by crandallwarren; 04-28-2016 at 07:01 AM.