Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 03-19-2017, 10:46 PM

Default Recording off beat

I am recording on pro tools and when I play back the track I just record it is off beat... can any 1 help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2017, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Recording off beat

More useful info would help. You are recording what? Audio? MIDI? If MIDI what VI are you using?

You are recording to a basic Pro Tools click track? Or something more complex (like an existing audio track?)

Is delay compensation enabled? How are you monitoring during tracking (hard ware (what interface) or software?

What playback IO buffer size are you using?

Any plugins being used? What ones?

---

Just start by playing around with a stupidly simple session (one mono audio track and a click track) and start with just a mic and you clapping to the click track. No plugins or anything else. sort out how to get that working and go from there. Ditto if using MIDI, start with Mini Grand and nothing else.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
More useful info would help. You are recording what? Audio? MIDI? If MIDI what VI are you using?

You are recording to a basic Pro Tools click track? Or something more complex (like an existing audio track?)

Is delay compensation enabled? How are you monitoring during tracking (hard ware (what interface) or software?

What playback IO buffer size are you using?

Any plugins being used? What ones?

---

Just start by playing around with a stupidly simple session (one mono audio track and a click track) and start with just a mic and you clapping to the click track. No plugins or anything else. sort out how to get that working and go from there. Ditto if using MIDI, start with Mini Grand and nothing else.
Audio.. I import a beat.. where is delay compensation??? I'm new 2 all of this.. I am using a lambda interface.. not sure about io buffer I think 512 and no plug-ins I believe

Old 03-20-2017, 08:30 AM

I'm recording audio... I import a beat..

Old 03-20-2017, 08:31 AM

I'm new 2 this so don't know where I would even find delay compensation...

Old 04-05-2017, 01:20 PM

Give us more details. I was recording yesterday (On Logic Pro X) but rap was being delayed. So my question is are you recording vocals? Rap to be specific? Details please. Thx!
Old 04-05-2017, 01:23 PM

Yes I got it fixed by watching youtube videos.. just type in something like delayed vocals while recording