Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 02-03-2002, 01:00 AM

Default CD BACK UP QUESTION?

Hi, I'm trying to make a back-up on cd of a live demo,but the 9 songs(8 trackrec) have been recorded in 1 take and contain 3.4 GiG .
I thought that i could select a song and make a "save session copy in" into a new separate songfile,but the audiofiles of all the songs are always copied completely.
Any help or hints on this one?

Thankx

Frank

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2002, 10:53 AM

Default Re: CD BACK UP QUESTION?

I use WinRAR for things like that. You can make a compressed archive of your session, and have it automaticly split into files of a size you specify. The compression/decompression can take time, but it saves some space, and splits it for you.

Go to www.winrar.com for a download.

www.disposableproductions.com
Old 02-03-2002, 09:00 PM

I do sessions very similar to what you are describing. What I do is label the individual audio tracks by song, and then save each individual song's audio tracks to a disk. When I start mixes I load the individual audio tracks for each song into a new session for each tune. That way I know I have a good backup for all the tunes.

If you've already mixed your session using the long session and audiofiles, you could still use multiple disks to back up your audio files. Hope that helps
Old 02-04-2002, 03:10 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ReniuR:
I use WinRAR for things like that. You can make a compressed archive of your session, and have it automaticly split into files of a size you specify. The compression/decompression can take time, but it saves some space, and splits it for you.

Go to www.winrar.com for a download.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THX RENIUR,
I forgot to mension i work on a mac G4,do you know any softs that can do this on mac perhaps?
Frank
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2002, 03:27 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by msunj:
I do sessions very similar to what you are describing. What I do is label the individual audio tracks by song, and then save each individual song's audio tracks to a disk. When I start mixes I load the individual audio tracks for each song into a new session for each tune. That way I know I have a good backup for all the tunes.

If you've already mixed your session using the long session and audiofiles, you could still use multiple disks to back up your audio files. Hope that helps
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THX MSUNJ,
I thought i could backup on pultiple discs with toast titanium 5.0.2 but i always get the "too much data for cd rec capacity",is there a way you can get around this with toast or another soft?
For now i guess there is only one way to resolve this and back-up by deviding the audio files over different tracks,THX

Frank
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]