Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2003, 08:06 AM

Default Control Surface Recommendation ?

I'm about to do a pretty large mix project and am looking into which control surface to buy or rent.

I've previously used Pro Control and the HUI . What else is out there that people like? My only request is that it have touch sensitive faders.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Control Surface Recommendation ?

As I look into the hardware Crystal Ball. My best advice right now is wait. I have a funny feeling that something is cooking. Digidesign rejected a devolopment link with Euphonics Consoles, so with that in mind, I have a funny feeling that something is cooking at Digi R&D. Also Digi like to release new stuff every 3 years or so ProControl is past due.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Control Surface Recommendation ?

Ted,
If your doing a large project soon then add the Control 24 in your list with the Hui and the Pro Control. Don't wait for "the console" to be coming anytime soon. I too have seen the crystal ball. The next big show is Summer Namm then AES. If they don't announce by Namm then go ahead and buy the above mentioned consoles. Even if you buy now, your probably only going to lose about 35% of the purchase price when you go to sell it in the next year.
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.