How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2017, 04:51 AM

Default Moving licenses between iLoks

Hi there,

I misplaced my iLok a number of weeks ago and having a second iLok available I thought that it would be possible to move a license over from my 1st iLok to a 2nd iLok registered in the same account, but the iLok license Manager would not allow this option.

Thankfully I found the 1st ilok which has only 47 activations but most of these are expensive software plugins along with my ProTools HD license is their any way to keep a usable license available if a main ilok was to get misplaced or lost again.

I have Zero Downtime on the 1st iLok any thoughts on the iLok question would be helpful for myself or possibly others.

Regards
Old 09-08-2017, 05:16 AM

Default Re: iLok Question

To move from one iLok to another you have to first move the license assets from the originating iLok to the cloud and then go from the cloud to the second iLok. Or have both iLoks plugged into the same computer and move from one to the other. Unless you have a plugin that allows two authorizations at the same time you can't have the license asset on both iLoks at the same time.

Remember that to really be covered you need to have ZDT on both iLoks and that would be two separate payments per year. ZDT is not transferrable between iLoks. You also may want to think about enabling TLC (theft and loss coverage) on the iLok that has ZDT. It's free but has to be renewed every so often.

QAPLA!
Old 09-08-2017, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Moving licenses between iLoks

Indeed^^^ I keep ALL my important/expensive licenses on 1 iLok and have ZDT/TLC coverage for it

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-08-2017, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Moving licenses between iLoks

Indeed ^^^ to both the above!

It's imperative to enable TLC (theft and loss coverage) - if you want immediate help, should your iLok get lost, stolen or broken. Please see attached images showing how to Refresh TLC.
https://ilok.com/#!zdt-details

Without TLC enabled:
“Without Theft & Loss Coverage, the software publisher must provide any permanent replacement licenses.
If the RMA was placed for an iLok with ZDT and TLC off, your temporary licenses will allow you to continue to use your software as you work with these companies to get permanent replacements.”

With TLC enabled:
“With TLC enabled, PACE is authorized by software publishers to replace the licenses last seen on the iLok by our server. This happens automatically without any action from you, the end user. This process usually takes a few days and will be done before Zero Downtime licenses expire.”

“Zero Downtime coverage is US$30 per iLok for up to one year or until your iLok breaks, is lost or stolen, whichever comes first. Theft & Loss Coverage (TLC) may optionally be enabled on a Zero Downtime covered iLok.”
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 11:32 PM.