Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 01:09 PM

Default Digidesign CD Ripping Service Using SPTI Error

Hi,

For months my Pro Tools M-Powered has been working great but lately I have been crashing everytime I try to Import Audio To Track from an Audio CD. I have done this probably 100 times with no problem and then all the sudden it started giving the following error and then Pro Tools Crashes.

"Digidesign CD Ripping Service using SPTI" error and then Pro Tools locks up and I have to use Task Manager to stop it. As long as I do not have a CD in the tray the program works great and I can still Import from Hard Drive no problem. Anyone with a problem like this??? It is not a major thing because I can use Sound Forge to Extract the Audio from the CD and then save to hard drive and then Import to Pro Tools but with Rap groups bringing in beats and such it makes it a timely process now.