Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2018, 03:40 AM

Default Can't access all busses - not visible on screen

(I posted this in an old TDM thread yesterday, but today I realized most wouldn't see the post, so I am reposting on a new thread here in the WinPT12 forum... sorry about the double post)

When I go to the routing and the busses I have three columns and the left has no# 24 in the bottom, and the next starts with 52....

I have a nVidia card, and three screens, I have also tried with just one screen - disconnecting the other two, and with different resolutions, and other tricks, but to no avail, I can't access all busses...

Windows 7, Pro Tools 12...

I wonder, if you run PT 12 and Win7 (or Win10), and this works for you and you can see all busses even when you have very many, can you tell me the name of your display card, and the GPU-processor?

I think perhaps the solution for me would be to buy another display card.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Can't access all busses - not visible on screen

flag!
The old thread you wrote in was one i had already woken up months ago!
I can remember playing with main screen choice had helped me, but after reinstalling my system, the behavior is the same.
I'm also not in the same config as you: i use both a nvidia card with 2 screens, and a HD3000 integrated in my I7 with one screen.

I will follow this thread with interest.

Up!
Old 01-18-2018, 08:32 PM

This may be of some help(assuming you have tried to update your graphics driver):
#1-sort your plugins by Manufacturer AND category(gives you more ways to sort and view plugins)
#2-with the proper menu list open where your desired plugin is off the screen, look for small arrows at either the top or bottom.
#3-with the proper list open(where you know the plugin is sitting off-screen) you can type the first letter of the plugin and that should scroll to that letter.
#4-once you DO manage to get the desired plugin to show, if you Ctrl-click, you will add that plugin to the "favorites" and then that plugin will appear at the very top of the main plugin menu(really handy for plugins you use a lot anyway). BTW, trashing prefs will delete the favorites from the list,
#5-you can sometimes get the list to relocate IF(the big IF) you select any plugin(even one you don't want)>Move that plugin to the very top of your screen>Select a different plugin from the open plugin's GUI(because you moved the "sacrificial" plugin to the top, it might spread the menu out in a better screen fit and allow you to actually find your desired plugin

Remember; the cool thing about digital is; there's 4 ways to do everything. The bad thing about digital is; there's 4 ways to do everything

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-19-2018, 07:01 AM

^^^Dave, I think the OP is having trouble seeing all of the available busses, not plugins.

In the Nvidia control panel, have you selected the native resolution for each monitor?

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
^^^Dave, I think the OP is having trouble seeing all of the available busses, not plugins.

In the Nvidia control panel, have you selected the native resolution for each monitor?
Yep, I just saw that(need more coffee). For buses, you(the OP) might be doing it "the hard way". Example: say you want to add a bus to feed an AUX track with a reverb plugin. You add a send and then wish to select an open bus. INSTEAD; when you go to add the send, don't select from a bus list. Just select "New Track" and that will create a stereo AUX track(which you want) and "connect" them with a new bus automatically(saving you several steps, and skipping the need to access a list of open buses). Hope that helps

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-20-2018, 07:53 AM

Sounds like an I/O setup issue rather than a graphics issue.

Go to your I/O setup and delete everything, inputs/outputs/buses.

Create new ones. - SAVE this new perfect setup