Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2020, 12:07 AM

Default Fast Track USB: Swap audio from Right to Left?

Hello, I'm using the first gen model of the Fast Track USB and I'm trying to get it to work with a real-time audio-to-midi converter called A2M Converter that lets me change my guitar sound into whatever instrument I want. It works with my USB mic but I want to use it with my guitar because I can't sing. My Fast Track USB only records my guitar sound on the Right channel while A2M Converter only takes input from the Left channel. Is there any way I could swap the two channels and get it to work? Is this a problem with their software or my Fast Track? Is there some kind of intermediate program that lets me reroute these channels? Thanks for reading!
Old 04-13-2020, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Fast Track USB: Swap audio from Right to Left?

You're recording a mono signal, so there would be no left or right channel unless you pan it.

The Audio to Midi program only seems to take input from input one (on my Focusrite 18i20). Input one on your Fast Track USB I think is your XLR input.

I think you'd have to contact the developer of Audio to Midi to get them to update their program. Considering it is in the music creation market, this is quite an oversight.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM