Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 10-30-2016, 05:12 PM

Default Issues with recording out of venue?

So was just wondering if anyone else had any issues recording their shows into Pro Tools from an Avid desk. Doesn't matter if the desk is a D show or an SC48, Pro Tools keeps on popping out of record saying I have to use less plug ins. (I'm using none!) This weekend got tired of it and recorded into Reaper and not one issue. Worked great. You would think Avid products should like to work together???:confused :
Old 10-31-2016, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Issues with recording out of venue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTlanceK View Post
So was just wondering if anyone else had any issues recording their shows into Pro Tools from an Avid desk. Doesn't matter if the desk is a D show or an SC48, Pro Tools keeps on popping out of record saying I have to use less plug ins. (I'm using none!) This weekend got tired of it and recorded into Reaper and not one issue. Worked great. You would think Avid products should like to work together???:confused :
Yes, they should. I have had issues with the Venue desks that use Firewire and Pro Tools, then again same desks using HDx card and Pro Tools HD have been solid. S3L desks that use AVB connection to Pro Tools have also been solid.

Regarding the error of using less plugins, it pretty much means that you need to increase the HW buffer size in PT. It makes sense to max it out for tracking as having more latency has no real downside in this situation. Also working with FireWire it has made a lot of positive effect to delete the FireWire networking service (Go System Prefs > Network > select FireWire from the column at left and hit minus (delete))
Old 10-31-2016, 10:18 AM
Avid

Could you provided specific info: What version of pro tools, what OS, what buffer size, what playback engine, what computer...

[email protected]
Old 10-31-2016, 04:48 PM

Thanks Kristo. I have the buffer set to maximum. Doesn't make a difference. Pro Tools is version 12.5 on a Macbook Pro with 8 gig ram. Drive is an sata drive. With everything else Pro Tools is fine. With the Avid desk, constant errors. My OS is 10.10.5 I've tried every buffer size and playback engine is Avid FW which is needed for it to see the console. I will try deleting the Firewire networking system and see if that works. This is very frustrating, and although Reaper seems to work great, I would prefer using PT......
Old 01-10-2017, 03:58 PM

Well no go. No one has been able to figure out why this happens. Although I can record to Reaper for hours on end with no issues. It's a shame I can't use Pro Tools with the Avid SC48......