Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 08:23 PM

Default Help: Problem with MBOX 2

hey there everybody, I just bought the mbox 2 and I installed it, i'm starting to use protools but I always use fruity loops studio, and when i'm in FL and I want to open an audio program I can't, and when i'm using window media player or other audio program and I open Fl it tells me that I do not have enough ASIO output channels available. And in internet i can not hear music, when I enter myspace I can't here music, neither heare videos in youtube, please help me... here its a screenshot of the error.
thanks everybody and sorry for doing my first post in this, see yall around

Screen Shot>>> http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6628/errorzs0.jpg

I Use a
Shutlee
MS XP HOME
AMD Athlon(tm) ZP 3000+
2.16 GHz, 1.00GB of Ram

just in case...
Old 11-19-2006, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Help: Problem with MBOX 2

Fruity Loops is not a professional DAW software app. It's a toy for kids and DJ's to fool around. The MBox might not be compatible.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Fruity Loops is not a professional DAW software app. It's a toy for kids and DJ's to fool around. The MBox might not be compatible.
thanks, but the problem is the audio...
Old 11-19-2006, 10:58 AM

Hi Bouni, welcome to the forum. The problem you are running into the the Digi ASIO drivers limitation to 2 channels. You can only have one app at a time running through it.

As far as getting audio with youtube and what not, download Rails MME Helper from this link...

http://archive.digidesign.com/download/wave/

Open the program and choose the programs you want to work with the digi ASIO driver. It will already have a bunch listed but you can add others. For instance, click on 'add' and select firefox.exe, then clikc on the 'update' button, and now audio within the firefox browser will work. Do the same for internet explorer etc.

Also, make sure your MBox2 is set as your computers default sound card in the sounds control panel.

FWIW, Fruity Loops can be run via ReWire within Pro Tools. But it seems to run a little better if you get the FXpansion VST to RTAS adapter and run Fruity Loops as a wrapped plug-in within Pro Tools.

I also have an MBox2 and Firefox and Windows Media Player work fine though it.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:03 PM

hey dude thanks, but it doesn't works, I don't know what i'm doing wrong but I will call digidesign in this week, thanks for your time
Old 11-19-2006, 09:54 PM

Fruity Loops is not a professional DAW software app. It´s a toy for kids and DJ's to fool around. The MBox might not be compatible.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:45 PM

We get the point TheNoize. But FL IS compatible. Now please let us play with our little kid toys.

@ Bouni. What's not working? Fruity Loops or audio through Windows Media Player? As far as running FL via ReWire in Pro Tools, Start Pro Tools, open a session then insert FL Studio as a plugin onto a track. If your plugins are sorted by catagory, FL will be listed under the Instrument catagory. If sorted by Manufacturer FL can be found under Digidesign. Once inserted on a track, Pro Tools will automatically open Fruity Loops for you.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
We get the point TheNoize. But FL IS compatible. Now please let us play with our little kid toys.

@ Bouni. What's not working? Fruity Loops or audio through Windows Media Player? As far as running FL via ReWire in Pro Tools, Start Pro Tools, open a session then insert FL Studio as a plugin onto a track. If your plugins are sorted by catagory, FL will be listed under the Instrument catagory. If sorted by Manufacturer FL can be found under Digidesign. Once inserted on a track, Pro Tools will automatically open Fruity Loops for you.
is the audio, the mobx that is not working, cause' when i had another interface i can hear media player, fruity loops and itunes or whatever at the same time, right now i'm not using pro tools, i used it in another house... but i will like to solve that problem because i need to close one program to hear in the other one...