Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2020, 09:05 AM

Default Disable Backup to Cloud?

As many of us Firsters have discovered, backing up to the cloud has become a nightmare that Avid hasn't been able to fix for over a week (Re: thread Pro Tools Software/Licensing & Accounts/Avid Collaboration Cloud server down?). Since I am not collaborating, I want to disable Backup to Cloud. The sticky thread Unlimited Local Projects... points to the FAQ that says "The limit of 3 Projects was removed from Pro Tools | First in April 2019 when "Backup to Cloud" was made optional for all users ... Disabling this option in the Dashboard allows you to create unlimited local Projects." I cannot find this option in the Dashboard; can anyone tell me how?
Old 04-07-2020, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Disable Backup to Cloud?

OK, I found it--for creating a new project. The option doesn't appear in the Dashboard for a previously created project. The little (?) popup says this option can be enabled or disabled later in the Projects tab. Now if I only could find the Projects tab...