Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 05-24-2017, 10:57 AM

Default Maximum number of projects has been reached for this account

I have not used Pro Tools in a few weeks and upgraded to PT 12 a few months ago. I am running the latest version. When trying to start a new project I am getting the following message:

"The maximum number of projects has been reached for this account. Existing projects can be deleted from the Projects tab in the Dashboard". (the are no projects in the projects Tab).

Why is this happening? I am signed in to my account (I read someone who resolved the problem by signing into their account, but it's not working for me).

I deleted Pro Tools and re-installed and it is still happening.

Any help appreciated!
Old 05-24-2017, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Maximum number of projects has been reached for this account

Keep in mind that Pro Tools Projects are stored in the cloud and require you to be logged into your Avid account.

Pro Tools Sessions are stored locally and do not require that you be logged into your Avid account.

If you are trying to create a project and are having out of storage issues, please open a support case. These types of problems typically have to be resolved by Avid since they will have to look at your cloud storage and see where the issue is.

In the mean time, you should be able to create sessions and can convert them into projects once the issue is resolved.

System Details
Old 05-24-2017, 03:59 PM

Just to further clarify, Projects in PT refer to "collaborative" sessions - stuff you're sharing with others via cloud sync, if you're NOT intending to share a PT project and just want to work on your own then select "Create New/Session" or "Open Session" rather than "Project". As already pointed out, "sessions" are stored on you local drive and "Projects" are stored in the cloud.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the replies!