Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2012, 02:18 PM

Default cc automation not resetting

I have a god damn problem with protools and cc automation not coming to its original state...

For example, I use my wheel to write vibrato with trilian... all good, I can see it on the cc lane...
But when the playhead is on a part of the song where there is no vibrato written, it still plays the god damn vibrato, even thought I can see with my eyes that no vibrato is written on that lane....

I have to arm the midi track and move my wheel so the vibrato effect goes away.... (sometimes that does not work either)

That happens with various VI's too, automation (previously recorded) keeps activated on places that were not recorded!!

This is very annoying,
Please some one give me some light

Thanks a lot
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM

Default Re: cc automation not resetting

so nobody knows what I am talking about?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:13 AM

There have been times when I've automated expression (cc 11) at some point in a song, and then when I move to an earlier point in the song, the expression level stays at a previous level, instead of going to the current level. To fix this, I place automation points at the beginning of the song, and maybe some throughout the song, so no matter where I drop the playhead, Pro Tools will see a level and adjust itself.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 PM

thank you, i just discovered that before reading your reply. i am very happy to discover that it is not a PT bug or something...