Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-23-2003, 11:23 AM

Default Failed: Error code 1 Failure

I have downloaded the Windows XP version of Protools LE, Ver. 5.3.1 and followed the instruction to install the Hardware and Software. After I have rebooted my System and select the DigiTest it fails the test. On step 2 of 7 I get this Error:
Failed: Error code 1 Failure.

Some other information.

Pro Tools does not open, this is the message I get, "Make sure Pro Tools peripherals are connected to the correct card and turned on. Click ok when the hardware is ready"

Please could someone help me resolve this issue.
thanks
~S.o.G
Old 07-23-2003, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Failed: Error code 1 Failure

Do you have any Digidesign hardware?

Old 07-23-2003, 11:33 AM

Ouch...that sounds bad, doesn't it? Well, I'm definitely no expert, but I have a feeling that someone who is will probably ask for some specifics, such as your motherboard type, processor, etc.

Also, you said that you followed the installation directions, but I've got to ask something. Here's a hint that Allen gave me in another thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by Allen Hallada:
No just intstall the card in slot 2 of that motherboard. Shut down computer, unplug power, slide 001 in slot 2, screw down. There is a little catch there on the install that you have to make sure you don't miss. You install the 001 card, then start the computer. When the new hardware found window shows up in XP just ignore it or minimize it, but leave it up. Then click on PTLE 5.3 install icon and it grabs the 001 automatically, instead of clicking on the Windows XP find driver option in the New Hardware Found window.
Miss this step and you are SOL. That's it. Piece of cake. Have fun bro and do the tweeks later. With XP it isn't that important anyways.

Allen [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did you do this same thing? Digi also has the following on the download page for 5.3.1:

To disable the warning option:

Turn on your computer.
From the Start menu, open the Control Panels folder.
Launch the System control panel.
Select the Hardware tab in the System control panel.
Click the Driver Signing button.
Select "Ignore" Install the software anyway and don't ask for my approval.
Click OK twice.
Shut down and turn off your computer.
Proceed with physically installing your Pro Tools cards.
You can also get to the System control panel the following way:

Go to the Start menu
Right-click on My Computer
Click on Properties
Follow steps 4 through 9 above
If you fail to do the the above, during the install process it is important not to click on the desktop or launch other applications. At certain points during the installation clicking on the desktop may cause the screen to turn black, preventing the installation from finishing. To continue with the installation, use the Alt-Tab key combination to cycle through the active applications until you see "Hardware Installer", then let go of the keys. This should bring you back to the Installer window.

2 - Warning: There have been changes in the installation process since the last release of Pro Tools. After installing your hardware and starting up your computer wait for the Found New Hardware Wizard dialog to appear and leave it open. Leaving the Wizard on screen, launch the Pro Tools 5.3.1 Installer Setup application. To avoid installation problems, please read carefully and follow the installations instructions in the Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 Addendum, available in the Technical Document Library.

Were you able to do all of that? If yes and yes are the answers, then I'm out of ideas. I'm willing to bet that someone else here will be able to help...good luck!
Old 07-23-2003, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoG:
Yea I followed thse instructions as well.

I have the Digi 001 I/O box peripheral it is connected to the PCI board with the cable that was provided and the Green power button LED is on and the Phantom power button is Red and on.

I have a Dell 2.4 Ghhz New machine running XP Home.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did you try giving support a call up?
Old 07-23-2003, 01:20 PM

I have tied 2 numbers, the first 650 842-6699 listed in information book does not work / no longer in service and I tried the Digidesign Answer line no luck too. the number was 888-873-3444.
Do you have any other number I can try?

thanks for the help
~SoG
Old 07-23-2003, 01:28 PM

I found this page on the Digidesign site:

http://digidesign.com/support/tspolicy.html

it's got phone numbers.

Old 07-23-2003, 01:29 PM

The numbers listed for Warranty Support in the registration booklet is:

(650) 731-6100 8am-5pm Mon - Thurs and 8am - 3pm on Fridays.

Is this a new or used product?

Paid support is (888) 344-4376 or (900) 555-4376

The 888 nuber lets you use a credit card.. the 900 number is billed to your phone bill.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 07-23-2003, 01:34 PM

Thanks, trying that number now

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2003, 12:47 AM

Yea I followed thse instructions as well.

I have the Digi 001 I/O box peripheral it is connected to the PCI board with the cable that was provided and the Green power button LED is on and the Phantom power button is Red and on.

I have a Dell 2.4 Ghhz New machine running XP Home.