Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 PM

Default What's the issue with Smack and Mooger AAX not working!?

I upgraded to AAx and pT10 is acting like I don't have them in my ilok yet I do! Is there a update or something I'm missing??

Moss
Old 12-26-2012, 10:01 PM

Oh yeah and now Velvet is sucking it up!

Moss
Old 12-27-2012, 12:04 AM

Default Re: What's the issue with Smack and Mooger AAX not working!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamContra View Post
Oh yeah and now Velvet is sucking it up!

Moss
What exact names of the assets shows up on your iLok? For Moogfooger or others did you have an old RTAS only bundle? (I can't recall if they existed or not). If so I suspect the RTAS only/LE assets will not run the new AAX plugins, an issue that has been noted in several threads recently for new AXX plugin bundles from Avid.

What exactly does "sucking it up" mean? I must have missed that Velvet was out in AAX.

Darryl
Old 12-27-2012, 12:52 AM

At the moment the AAX versions of ElevenLE, SmackLE, VocalineLE and DNRLE require the HD assets to work. If you have the RTAS version installed they should still work and authorize. One PT has finished loading plugs it should offer to move the non authorized AAX plug assets to the unused plugins folder. At least on mine that moved just the AAX asset and left the RTAS ones.

As far as I know Velvet s not AAX yet.

I'm still trying to figure out the old classic compressors bundle authorizations.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
What exact names of the assets shows up on your iLok? For Moogfooger or others did you have an old RTAS only bundle? (I can't recall if they existed or not). If so I suspect the RTAS only/LE assets will not run the new AAX plugins, an issue that has been noted in several threads recently for new AXX plugin bundles from Avid.
yup, if only they would provide an upgrade path option to get the AAX version of the MoogerFooger for those of us that purchased the old bundle..
Old 12-27-2012, 02:32 PM

I hope all this is a bad oversight on Avid product marketing's part and they fix it soon. It does not seem to be any way to help ease a transition to AAX, and I do not get why this was not addressed from the get-go.

Darryl
Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
At the moment the AAX versions of ElevenLE, SmackLE, VocalineLE and DNRLE require the HD assets to work. If you have the RTAS version installed they should still work and authorize. One PT has finished loading plugs it should offer to move the non authorized AAX plug assets to the unused plugins folder. At least on mine that moved just the AAX asset and left the RTAS ones.

As far as I know Velvet s not AAX yet.

I'm still trying to figure out the old classic compressors bundle authorizations.
My Eleven works as well as my Vocaline in AAx. What's up with this crap man. I hope Avid fixs there crap or I'm dropping them and learning Logic. The issue with Velvet is after the last update from PT it work now. Let me get my nerd helmet on and try to fix it on my own...

Moss
Old 12-27-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamContra View Post
My Eleven works as well as my Vocaline in AAx. What's up with this crap man. I hope Avid fixs there crap or I'm dropping them and learning Logic. The issue with Velvet is after the last update from PT it work now. Let me get my nerd helmet on and try to fix it on my own...

Moss
vocalign is not aax yet. your probably just using the rtas version in PT10 which will work just fine until PT11.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 12-28-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
vocalign is not aax yet. your probably just using the rtas version in PT10 which will work just fine until PT11.

that my bad. I had thought it was since it was mentioned in the other thread long with Smack etc.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88