Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2008, 09:21 PM

Default is there a chart on the dif between LE and HD?

Hi folks,

I'm thinking about upgrading from PTLE 7.4 to HD 7.4x

I know too little to jump in at the moment.

I'm simply not certain what benefit I would get with an upgrade to HD

I have digitranslator. I write soundtracts - sweeten audio for digital video projects and record bands once and awhile

I was thinking abour the 48 track expansion for LE - I'm not certain how helpful this would be as my LE system (Dell 390 qaudcore 6600 - 4 gigs ram) has trouble with 12 tro 16 fully effected audio tracks

Are the HD systems (with hardware) simply a matter of pure power (ha ha as I do have to be rather conservative when using LE in terms of track count...)

so I'm struggling with the question - is it worth another $10k new (or $5k used for an HD system on ebay) to have a certain track count?

as well, the question I have not been able to satisfy...as I have not found any charts or descriptions is 'what are the extra software perks in HD over LE' (I will request that you consider (pretend) that I am including running Dvtoolkit 2 wih LE im my requested comparison between LE and HD)

I am almost ready to hit the DVtookit 2 'but it now' button on ebay to get the expanded trackcount and digibase functions (whatever they are)

Your help and direction is greatly appreciated

Cheers
Stephen

(I'm at a point of discovedy - and very certain I'm missing something

please chime in - I will read anything you place infront of me)