Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2011, 08:55 PM

Question Restore factory plugin presets ?

Hey folks,

Is there a way to restore the factory presets from somewhere? (e.g., is there a restoration .zip file out there somewhere?) I frankly don't care about the preset I wrote-over by doing the keystroke for Save, but since I DID over-write it and may prefer to not do so in the future, I'm curious. Now that I know it overwrites even factory presets without a confirmation dialog (yay speed) I'll just not do it again.

I guess a reinstall would do it, but that seems a bit much to recover "Snare Subtractive" for EQ III
Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Restore factory plugin presets ?

The easiest way is to just restore your last system drive image or clone. Or go to the last image and find the "plug-in settings" folder and replace the offending snare folder from it. Or have someone send you the "snare subractive.tfx" (it's tiny) file, and drop it into the snare folder in eq3.

On PC... Program files X86 >common files >digidesign >dae >plugin settings >eq3.0

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com